Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Fyi

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 8:22 pm
I am going to wear my outfit from today again tomorrow. Because no one saw me and I saw no one.
And I did not sweat an iota in this Siberia wannabe weather.
Feel free to do the same lol

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 8:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am going to wear my outfit from today again tomorrow. Because no one saw me and I saw no one.
And I did not sweat an iota in this Siberia wannabe weather.
Feel free to do the same lol

Do it all the time

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 8:43 pm
I’m from ny where this is not normally done. At one point I was friendly with some people from England and I was surprised that they wore each outfit for 2 days before changing. These women were stylish, put together and I couldn’t understand why they kept wearing the same thing they wore the day before. Apparently it’s done in some places and it’s normal for them to re wear clothing.

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 10:10 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I’m from ny where this is not normally done. At one point I was friendly with some people from England and I was surprised that they wore each outfit for 2 days before changing. These women were stylish, put together and I couldn’t understand why they kept wearing the same thing they wore the day before. Apparently it’s done in some places and it’s normal for them to re wear clothing.

To be fair, you don't really know how many people in NY wear outfits twice in a row if you didn't see them wear it the first time. Smile

Roots

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 1:19 am
firstly LOL
second, if I know I would be with a different crowd, and I love my outfiyt (and its not sweaty, stained etc) I have no problem wearing it again
also friday night and shabbos day I usually wear the same thing..

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 5:31 am
My 10 year old son was wearing the same shirt as yesterday. How did I know? It was dirty! Can't Believe It

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 5:36 am

How would you have a clue?
I didn’t leave my house yesterday. If I wore the same thing to work today, who would know?
I have been wearing the same skirt and sweater on Shabbos for months. I SD and have been inside/haven’t taken off my coat since October.
Yes, I am a New Yorker.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 5:44 am
My grandmother, who lived in Chicago (on Lake Shore Drive) most of her life, was extremely fashionable and constantly worried about "what the neighbors would say".

She pounded it into my head that no one should ever see you in the same outfit twice. You couldn't even wear the same outfit in a week, just in case you ran into someone you saw the other day.

As a result, I have an enormous collection of clothing that I don't wear much anymore, and I've been slowly paring it down to the basics and donating the rest to local gemachs. She also insisted that I stick to the classics and only buy quality, so everything I have to donate is still wearable and in good condition.

Covid has been very liberating. If I'm not dressed to go out, I'm in pajamas or other comfy clothes all day. Sorry grandma!

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 6:56 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
My 10 year old son was wearing the same shirt as yesterday. How did I know? It was dirty! Can't Believe It

Of course you would know. Your his mother!

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 12:09 pm
Of course you would know. Your his mother!

Not me. I have no recollection of what dd wore yesterday. Except her smile 😁

itsmeima

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 8:26 pm
Me too! Unless we get dirty, we change clothes every second day!

Omg, the laundry you must have 😱

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 8:28 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
How would you have a clue?
I didn’t leave my house yesterday. If I wore the same thing to work today, who would know?
I have been wearing the same skirt and sweater on Shabbos for months. I SD and have been inside/haven’t taken off my coat since October.
Yes, I am a New Yorker.

I have a feeling she was referring to the rest of her post when saying here it's not normally done. Not that it's normal in NY to wear something twice if you wont see the same people.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 8:46 pm
Someone I know had occasion to be in Antwerp for a few months, when she was a kid. So she attended school there.
There were no uniforms in that school. One day one of the kids asked her if she is very rich. She was puzzled and asked why? So she said that she comes to school in a different outfit every day! She hadn't noticed that the girls in the class wore the same outfit every day for a week, and the next week they would wear a different outfit. She was the only one who changed from day to day and they thought it was so weird!.
When they got home, they would change out of their school clothes. So they had school clothes and home clothes.
It's a cultural thing. I dont know if its still like that today. This was many years ago.

Sprinkles1

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 12:03 am
itsmeima wrote:
Me too! Unless we get dirty, we change clothes every second day!

Omg, the laundry you must have 😱

Changing every day does not necessarily mean washing it every day.

tweety1

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 3:20 am
If my top stays clean I officially wear the same too 2 days in a row.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 4:55 am
I change like three times on Shabbos! During the week sometimes twice if I got out at night. I never wear the same outfit twice and I'm running out of closet space. I have been giving away/selling clothing that I no longer wear and I recently gained the 15lbs from covid but hopefully will lose it soon since I started exercising and eating healthier. But I would never wear the same outfit twice. When I was a teenager I used to go through my closet before Yom Tov and put together all the outfits I would wear each day in day order and I always made sure to never repeat. I try to put myself together differently each day and I love accessories they make each outfit different each time I wear it. I have a large shoe collection too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics