Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Did yeshivos benefit from stimulus?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 11:20 am
Did the private schools get any help in the three stimulus packages?
Asking, because I'm scared that the tuition police will be raising tuition, thanks to the $1,400 per person benefit...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 12:59 pm
Anyone know?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 1:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone know?

Dont think that its mentioned directly but it may be under helping schools reopen? Except that Jewish private schools were open for the most part so they probably wont get anything (especially not in NY where Jewish schools were ticketed thousands of dollars in the red zone even if they were closed so dont think the same anti-semitic govt will help Jewish schools now). But you can check the actual bill and see if its in there. https://www.congress.gov/bill/...../text

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 1:06 pm
Money is allocated to states for private schools. So exact money and how it is spent would depend on each state. Total amount for private schools is approximately $2.75 billion.

I would assume each school would have its own method of determining scholarship amounts so income would theoretically include stimulus payments. It would be a family’s net income that would be used just like net income is always used. I have no specific insight into how a school determines scholarships but it would seem logical to use money from every source.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 4:48 pm
I know my kids yeshiva recieved ppp.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 5:34 pm
There was money in the CARES Act for private schools, unrelated to PPP.
EANS had money allocated for private schools that didn't get the second round of PPP.
Haven't learned enough about this one just passed last week.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 5:56 pm
Today the administrator of one of my son’s school called to say that many parents called to offer to pay off their tuition balances with the stimulus money and he was calling to see if we could pay and old balance (I am up to date on current balance but we still have an old balance from a previous year when we fell on hard times). Unfortunately, we have not received any stimulus money due to an ongoing IRS issue we have . But it seems the school is expecting parents to pay down or pay off any outstanding balances with these funds.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 6:11 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Today the administrator of one of my son’s school called to say that many parents called to offer to pay off their tuition balances with the stimulus money and he was calling to see if we could pay and old balance (I am up to date on current balance but we still have an old balance from a previous year when we fell on hard times). Unfortunately, we have not received any stimulus money due to an ongoing IRS issue we have . But it seems the school is expecting parents to pay down or pay off any outstanding balances with these funds.

Are you upset about that?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 7:45 pm
My child's private school has raised tuition for this coming up year. Does your tuition not go up every year?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics