Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Boredom
Previous  1  2

Meema2Kids

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 5:02 am
Maybe come up with a list of things you want to accomplish ie big goals like learning a new language or something and try to work a little each day or week on accomplishing them.

MMEC123

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 12:16 pm
First of all, I can't do anything that costs too much money cuz we don't have much :-) (like- I would LOVE to join a gym, but can't afford it currently). Also, I'm new to my city and don't really have friends here (ok, I have ONE friend here- but we can't spend every day together). I just went to someone's house and borrowed 7 books (LONG books, like 400-500+ pages each). That was 4 days ago. I've already read 2!

technic

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 12:18 pm
add war and peace 2 ur booklist (if u REALLY want 2 spend time on it, read it in the original russian!!! LOL LOL LOL )

SV

Post Mon, Oct 10 2005, 11:26 am
Did you try some websites that have a lot of interesting reading material - like aish.com or ohrsomeyach etc? That won't take any apartment space Wink ....You can also get involved in something like partners in torah - learning with somebody by phone...did you try learning to play an instrument?

shanie5

Post Sun, Oct 16 2005, 1:16 am
how about writing a book instead of just reading them? LOL LOL

seriously, find somethimg u like to do that u can maybe make $$ doing. I do that w/ my cooking, and sewing. it helps w/ boredom and money issues.

Motek

Post Wed, Oct 26 2005, 9:19 pm
SV wrote:
You can also get involved in something like partners in torah - learning with somebody by phone

great idea

and then you can always say Tehillim ... Even if you find saying Tehillim boring, just saying it is a big accomplishment.

Raisin

Post Tue, Nov 01 2005, 3:17 pm
Oy...I also have the opposite problem...too much to do and not enough time...but I also sometimes get bored, sick of doing the same thing over and over again - but I love reading so much it fills up the empty spaces (actually this past month with shabbos or yom tov every two days I was really looking forward to being "bored" again)

It sounds like you should try and get out and meet new people. Are there Junior nshei groups or whatever that you can go to to meet other women? (Maybe you could orginize one yourself if there isn't) Get involved with volunteering that will enable you to meet similar people. Living in a small community I see people moving in and out a lot. Some have a really hard time settling in because they just can not or will not or don't know how to make new friends. Don't be shy, if you meet someone new suggest a way to get together, meet for coffee, come for shabbos, just be friendly. You'd be surprised - people might just think youre a big snob, even if youre not and think "oh, she doesn't want to talk to me!"

For a couple of years there was someone I thought was just very unfriendly. She's very perfect looking, wealthy etc. Then I suddenly realized (maybe someone told me, I can't remember) that she's just shy! Wow, suddenly she was so much more approachable!

Also, if you don't have kids, take the opportunity (while you don't need to pay for babysitters) to get out together with your husband. It doesn't have to be expensive things like resturants, take walks, window shop, browse bookshops, etc.

RivkaS

Post Wed, Nov 02 2005, 3:31 am
Someone here said "boredom-bug" yes, I guess I am infected that is why I am already surfing Imamother for an hour even though it is the most expensive serving time embarrassed (veyveyvey, if hubby finds out...) but this is the last one I post today - do you like languages? I found a free language-course online and it is fun since it also has audio-lessons, so there is also one who is "talking" to me. maybe you can find something like this?
Rivka

1stimer

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 1:57 pm
MMEC, I totally know where you are coming from. I need to be doing something the whole time. If I'm not busy busy busy I am incredibly bored. I don't think it is necessarily something underlying but just a personality trait.

jewgal84

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 2:43 pm
Same here MMEC123-

I can definately relate to you for part of the day. I work in the mornings and have the afternoons off.

Thank Gd my hubby comes home early too (few hrs difference) or else I'd be off my rockers...

I'm one of those people who also have to keep busy or I will start annoying myself, talented, huh?

happyone

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 9:38 am
would you consider taking a course; computer graphics, art, piano lessons, or baking courses?
sometimes taking on a new hobby can last for months before you need to move on to the next one!

www.games.com has scrabble online, which is great for boredom
www.pogo.com -- poppit works as well, terrible time killer for moms of kids.

good luck. keep busy.

happyone Smile

MMEC123

Post Wed, Dec 07 2005, 10:42 pm
I finally got myself a new hobby. DH is awesome at playing piano so he's teaching me how. So when I get bored, I practice. I also can pick up songs by ear so in between learning how to read notes, I figure out how to play songs!

lucky

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 12:51 am
Good for you MMEC!!! Enjoy your new hobby.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics