Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Eichenstein Yeshiva Israel

oldermom

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 8:57 pm
This Bais Medrash in Israel was recommended for my son. Does anyone have any information about the yeshiva, such as type of bochurim, Rebbeim, level of learning etc.? TIA

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:14 pm
Dont know much about it but my sons good friend went there from Elizabeth yeshiva so I would assume it's not ultra yeshivish.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:16 pm
My dh went there for a short time around 15 years ago. It was too small for him, and he switched to the Mir.I
My dh was quite yeshivish

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:38 pm
It's quite yeshivish and accepts a high calibre of boys both in terms of learning and general behavior. Only a small percentage of applicants are accepted and the yeshiva is kept small on purpose. The rebbeim and rosh hayeshiva have a strong shayachus to the boys, and get to know them well.

oldermom

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:38 pm
Thanks for information! Do you know the full name of the yeshiva? It was just mentioned as "Eichenstein"

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:41 pm
It's called Yad Aharon. The Rosh yeshiva is R'Yehoshua Eichenstein, shlita.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 2:17 am
Rav Yehoshua Eichenstien has three yeshivos
1 high caliber called yad aharon for israeli's although because he is american there tend to be a lot of american Israeli's
1 called mishkan asher - also good boys and high level learning but a bit more "chill"
1 is the american "Eichenstiens" - I don't really know what it is like now days....

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 5:43 pm
Can anyone tell about the American eichensteins?

amother
Wallflower

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 5:55 pm
American Eichenstein is a great yeshiva which focuses on the individual bochur. The hanhalah has a very warm connection with the bochurim and since its a small yeshiva, nobody gets lost in the crowd. My son had a great experience there and was very very happy.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 5:57 pm
Thank you so much for your warm response. We are seriously looking into it. Can you describe the types of boys that go there and the level of learning?

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 5:05 am
During my son's time there was a nice mix of bochurim from different yeshivos and different levels of learning. The yeshiva works with each bochur on their individual level by giving them an older married chavrusa to help them shteig. The boys were friendly and welcoming to new boys. They are frum boys, regular yeshivish dress. Yeshiva made trips during the year and every summer during bein hazemanim they went on a phenomenal trip to Europe. My son developed a close relationship with some of the rebbeim and made lots of friends there. It was a great experience for him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics