Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Moloscum exposed

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 17 2021, 1:46 pm
My child has moloscum on his upper arm. It hasn’t been a problem in the winter because it was always covered with long sleeves. Now that the weather is very hot, all the kids are wearing short sleeves. The short sleeves covers most of the moloscum but there are a couple of bumps that are exposed. Is that a problem?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 7:42 am
Bump

HakarasHatov

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 7:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My child has moloscum on his upper arm. It hasn’t been a problem in the winter because it was always covered with long sleeves. Now that the weather is very hot, all the kids are wearing short sleeves. The short sleeves covers most of the moloscum but there are a couple of bumps that are exposed. Is that a problem?

not sure the answer to your question, but did you try popping them to get them to go away (help the immune system see them because the virus is “hiding” on top of the skin.)

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:19 am
Where I live this is not an issue. But you need to see the rules of the cheder where you are.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:59 am
Problem for whom? Your son, or the other kids?
It’s no problem for your son.
It’s contagious, so I’d put bandaids over top to prevent it from spreading to other kids.
Ask your pediatrician about cantharidin treatment.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 9:10 am
I would cover it, mainly because contagious but also so other kids don’t make fun.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics