Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Israel for sukkos
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 4:57 pm
would like to go with my family. is it worth to book tickets now? We are not vaccinated but we test negative and have antibodies...

doctorima

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 6:41 pm
I definitely think it's realistic that Israel will be open to outside tourists by Sukkos, but it's possible that they will still require adults to be vaccinated.

If you're willing to get vaccinated if it's a requirement as your trip gets closer, I'd feel comfortable booking, but if you're anti-vax, I wouldn't take the risk. Also if you have kids who won't/can't get vaccinated, that may also be an issue.

Hopefully by then COVID will be a thing of the past and it won't be necessary, but with all the variants going around and Israel being extremely strict until now, there's certainly a distinct possibility that they will only allow those who are fully vaccinated to enter.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 7:09 pm
You’d probably still have to travel with masks and take a covid test but it’s doable as opposed to last year.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 9:48 am
doctorima wrote:
I definitely think it's realistic that Israel will be open to outside tourists by Sukkos, but it's possible that they will still require adults to be vaccinated.

If you're willing to get vaccinated if it's a requirement as your trip gets closer, I'd feel comfortable booking, but if you're anti-vax, I wouldn't take the risk. Also if you have kids who won't/can't get vaccinated, that may also be an issue.

Hopefully by then COVID will be a thing of the past and it won't be necessary, but with all the variants going around and Israel being extremely strict until now, there's certainly a distinct possibility that they will only allow those who are fully vaccinated to enter.

Im not an inti vaxer, but I want to know if its gonna be a whole deal and need to get a ton of paper work and stuff....

chanchy123

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 9:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im not an inti vaxer, but I want to know if its gonna be a whole deal and need to get a ton of paper work and stuff....

You will most probably have to vaccinate, otherwise it’s impossible to know.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 9:52 am
If the current trend continues, Israel will almost certainly be open to (vaccinated) tourists for the chagim.

On the other hand, we've seen so many rapid changes over the past year, and no one can say what might happen with new variations. Its impossible to predict with any degree of certainty.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 9:52 am
Is there an insurance you can buy that will refund your tickets?
You’ll lose the insurance cost but not the whole thing
Look into this and ask lots of questions to be sure you are covered

juggling

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:32 am
Bear in mind it's unlikely that they'll do away with the quarantine requirement. And quarantine in Israel means you can't leave your apartment. So make sure to leave enough time to quarantine before you want to go places.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:48 am
juggling wrote:
Bear in mind it's unlikely that they'll do away with the quarantine requirement. And quarantine in Israel means you can't leave your apartment. So make sure to leave enough time to quarantine before you want to go places.

Anyone who has been vaccinated can do a serological test to prove the presence of antibodies. As soon as the results come through, which is normally within a day or two, they are released from bidud. At the moment you have to do it a hospital, but they are planning on opening a facility at the airport to streamline the process.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:50 am
Elfrida wrote:
If the current trend continues, Israel will almost certainly be open to (vaccinated) tourists for the chagim.

On the other hand, we've seen so many rapid changes over the past year, and no one can say what might happen with new variations. Its impossible to predict with any degree of certainty.

But kids here aren't getting vaccinated yet, or at all. (UK) what then? Wondering if they'll allow families in if the parents have been vaccinated but the kids not.

juggling

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:51 am
Elfrida wrote:
Anyone who has been vaccinated can do a serological test to prove the presence of antibodies. As soon as the results come through, which is normally within a day or two, they are released from bidud. At the moment you have to do it a hospital, but they are planning on opening a facility at the airport to streamline the process.

Does that work for those who've recovered from corona but have not gotten the vaccine? I think OP said they have antibodies but haven't been vaccinated. And presumably some members of the family don't qualify for the vaccine.

juggling

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:53 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
But kids here aren't getting vaccinated yet, or at all. (UK) what then? Wondering if they'll allow families in if the parents have been vaccinated but the kids not.

I think it's unlikely they'll require vaccination in order to enter the country, but who knows? Again, bear in mind the quarantine requirement for those who have not been vaccinated.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:57 am
juggling wrote:
I think it's unlikely they'll require vaccination in order to enter the country, but who knows? Again, bear in mind the quarantine requirement for those who have not been vaccinated.

Oh yes I forgot about that. Thanks

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:59 am
I doubt you'll need to be vaccinated to go in. A negative test and antibody test will probably be enough. So many people went now for lag baomer with no special permit and no vaccinate. They were let in no problem.
My father and brother booked tickets for shevuous, they don't require vaccines.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 11:03 am
juggling wrote:
Does that work for those who've recovered from corona but have not gotten the vaccine? I think OP said they have antibodies but haven't been vaccinated. And presumably some members of the family don't qualify for the vaccine.

No. Israel doesn't recognize any certificate of recovery from other countries, due to different testing process, and the ease of faking such a certificate. They don't really recognize vaccines from other countries either. They grudgingly allow people who have proof of two doses of a recognised vaccine to take a serological test to prove that they really do have antibodies.

juggling

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 11:05 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I doubt you'll need to be vaccinated to go in. A negative test and antibody test will probably be enough. So many people went now for lag baomer with no special permit and no vaccinate. They were let in no problem.

Wow. Your father and brother are not israeli citizens and did not need to apply for an entry permit? I was under the impression that there is a whole lot of red tape involved in non-citizens getting permits to come in, vaxxed or not.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 11:06 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:

They don't require vaccines, but if you are not vaccinated they do require ten days of house isolation.

Booking g tickets is easy. Anyone can do that. Do they also have a permit to enter country?

juggling

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 11:07 am
Elfrida wrote:
No. Israel doesn't recognize any certificate of recovery from other countries, due to different testing process, and the ease of faking such a certificate. They don't really recognize vaccines from other countries either. They grudgingly allow people who have proof of two doses of a recognised vaccine to take a serological test to prove that they really do have antibodies.

So you're saying someone who is recovered from Corona and has antibodies, but has not been vaccinated, would not be allowed to take a serological test to get out of quarantine? I feel like that makes a big difference for many potential tourists.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 11:09 am
juggling wrote:
So you're saying someone who is recovered from Corona and has antibodies, but has not been vaccinated, would not be allowed to take a serological test to get out of quarantine? I feel like that makes a big difference for many potential tourists.

That's right. At the moment, anyway.

Antibodies from the vaccine have been shown to be longer lasting and cover a wider range of mutations than those from having Corona.

While we want to open the country and the economy to tourists, the priority remains protecting the citizens.

juggling

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 11:11 am
Elfrida wrote:
That's right. At the moment, anyway.

Antibodies from the vaccine have been shown to be longer lasting and cover a wider range of mutations than those from having Corona.

While we want to open the country and the economy to tourists, the priority remains protecting the citizens.

Makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics