Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Oh man .... I can't believe I did this!!!

mugsisme

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 12:53 pm
We buy these disposable plastic containers, like what you get coleslaw in from a deli, right? Each container gets filled with left over soup, and put into the freezer. I pulled two containers out of the freezer two days ago, and one was a real funny color. Instead of a nice golden yellow, it was a pale yellow, that was thick. I kept thinking it was the bottom of the soup. So last night, I dump that container into the pot, and mushed it up. I turned the flame on, and added the second container of soup. The one that looked right. Well, it was at that point I smelled the first container. I FROZE THE LEMON JUICE THAT HADN'T BE STAINED YET!!!!!! Bahahaha. I ended up dumping everything, and having to pull some new containers out. Oh well. I was going to make some custard with that lemon juice.

sunshine!

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 1:01 pm
Oh boy! I find it very useful to label containers you put in your freezer, so you don't get any "surprises"!

losingweight

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 1:08 pm
My sil told me that her mother once froze beet juice in cups for her father. The young couple that was there for shabbos was thrilled to find ices..... LOL

newmom

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 1:13 pm
At least it wasn't breast milk ices- I have a whole freezer full of that.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 4:25 pm
I make the same food year after year, and keep the labels on the tupperware

ffbmom

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 5:36 pm
I also buy those containers. I am never without my masking tape and laundry pen (marker) so I label everything. I'd really forget what I put in what.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 5:40 pm
Mugs, ya got a birthday coming up? a labelmaker is great !

mugsisme

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 7:07 pm
Usually I label everything. DS squeezed the lemons. I just totally forgot it was in the fridge when I was grabbing to put into the freezer.

bday not until tammuz.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 7:26 pm
mugsisme wrote:
bday not until tammuz.

note to self !!!!

Tefila

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 9:55 pm
Quote:
Oh boy! I find it very useful to label containers you put in your freezer, so you don't get any "surprises"!

We have been getting a lot of those 'suprises' lately embarrassed

grin

Post Sat, Apr 26 2008, 5:08 pm
at least it wasn't a kashrus problem. I once mistook fish for chicken - since then I've learned to label things better.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 27 2008, 6:07 am
Well, I managed to buy and use a container of Kitniyos mayonnaise Crying

GAMZu

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:29 am
Quote:

at least it wasn't a kashrus problem. I once mistook fish for chicken - since then I've learned to label things better.

You mean like the time I just had a baby and two families divided "shabbos" for us? Each family made one part of the meal.

I was setting everything up on the blech. I put the container of knaidlach into the soup.
When we were about to start the meal, I realized we don't have fish. I went to check our package again, and there was a container of grayish balls which I thought might be fish... no, they were knaidlach. So... by the time we got to the soup, we realized I put the gefilte fish into the chicken soup!

One family made the gefilte fish balls and the other one knaidlach, and they looked the same! Oy oy oy.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:30 am
ah mysterious freezer stuff ... I stay away from freezing altogether ...

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 1:03 am
I label everything also. But I use the same containers and just cross off last years label and add a new one. If they're really gross, they get tossed. But usually, I keep using them.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 10:26 am
GAMZu wrote:
One family made the gefilte fish balls and the other one knaidlach, and they looked the same! Oy oy oy.

Sad I have done that sevral times......

GAMZu

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 11:07 am
Ok, I feel a little better Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics