Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Board Game Storage

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:25 am
Hi,

My playroom is constantly a mess because the board game boxes just don't last. The rest of my toys are in uniform organized sterilite bins. Are there plastic boxes that work for board games? I.e. chess, battleship, etc...

Please help!
Thank you

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,

My playroom is constantly a mess because the board game boxes just don't last. The rest of my toys are in uniform organized sterilite bins. Are there plastic boxes that work for board games? I.e. chess, battleship, etc...

Please help!
Thank you

I bought these and I ditch the cardboard game boxes and put the pieces and boards into these. Each box has 2-3 games. It doesn't fit every board but it fits most. (Candyland board doesn't fit, and one other.)

They are technically boxes for baked goods but who cares...

https://www.atrakzya.co.il/pro.....-2936

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,

Please help!
Thank you

@thehomesetup1 posted a link on her instastories last night of a box she uses for games. looked really nice.

Bsimcha

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:30 am
I use good quality clear packing tape to reinforce the boxes, tape inside and outside.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:45 am
I just put the board and pieces into 2 gallon size ziplock bags, and stack them in a storage bin.

happytobemom

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 7:30 pm
Bsimcha wrote:
I use good quality clear packing tape to reinforce the boxes, tape inside and outside.

Same. Works perfectly.

yiddishmom

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 7:38 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....d4cb3

I don't have these, but I saved the product to my Amazon list. I got the link from one of the home organizers on IG.

imasinger

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:19 pm
I saw one home where pieces and directions were stored in large ziplocs hanging from tiered skirt hangers, and the boards were stacked nearby.

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:22 pm
I’ve thought about putting the games in storage boxes but feel like so much of what makes them appealing to my kids is the box and how it looks.

So instead I reinforce any tears on the box with tape, laminate the instructions, and store small pieces or cards in ziplocks inside the box, so there’s less chance of things getting lost or mixed up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics