Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Drawers, bins and mice

miami85

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 10:06 am
We've been dealing with the frustration of dealing with mice and while we've made progress, one thing that frustrates me is as much as I try to get "everything away" and "into drawers", bins and closets,--the mice just climb into the drawers--even the 2nd drawer up! and things low down in the closets. Drawers that don't have food or crumbs or anything. Just clothing. They nest in shoes that I haven't worn in 2 weeks because of snow. My husband keeps saying the mice are coming because of clutter, but they still find their way into closed drawers? I've come to stop putting my clothing in my drawers so that the mice don't get them. How am I supposed to put things away if they just get into the drawers? I've tried peppermint-oil sprays and those rodent repellent packs, but they just chew those. We're a bustling household and my husband works from home, so it's not like there's too much quiet time ever.

streak

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 10:09 am
Omg. Do you own your home? If not I would consider moving. This sounds unbearable. So sorry you're going through this:(

bzmommy

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 10:11 am
Sorry you’re going thru this.
We had experienced this a few years ago and it was traumatizing and not comfortable .
They definitely like clutter , that’s true . Try to get rid of extra things around your place .
We also paid for exterminator to come and close any holes in the walls where they were com in g from. Once the holes were closed , we didn’t see any more coming in.
Leave traps around to catch them ..
Good luck!!

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 10:47 am
Adult mice can squeeze into openings as mall as 1/4 inch, are excellent climbers, can sniff out food from a great distance, and can eat anything. Drawers and closets are not a challenge.

Keep all foodstuffs in rigid sealed containers. Cardboard boxes and paper, plastic, cloth or cellophane bags will be chewed right through. Whatever doesn't come in metal cans or glass jars has to be put in a heavy plastic or metal bin with a tight lid. Spills need to be cleaned up immediately. Floors need to be swept daily.

From what you describe, if you're not exaggerating, you need professional help. Openings to the outside need to be sealed, traps laid, and poison placed in inaccessible locations.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics