Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Recycling in your house

baltomom

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 10:50 am
Looking for ideas about how people collect recyclables in their house. Do you have a bin/multiple bins? What type? Where do you keep them? how often do you empty?

TIA!

GLUE

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 10:56 am
I have a milk crate in my kitchen.
Before I got it I used a box that I got from the store while shopping.

I empty it out when it gets full.

Redbird

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 10:57 am
I use a cardboard grocery box as the bin. I keep it in a discreet place near my kitchen, and when it's full I take the whole thing outside. And replace it with another cardboard box. Easy peasy

teachkids

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 11:02 am
Where we live you don't have to seperate types of recycling so we just have an extra garbage bin under one of our sinks for recycling and take it out twice a week

simcha2

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 11:09 am
We have small bins under each sink in the kitchen for plastic and glass. When they are full they go out to the collection bin.
We have a separate bin under the desk for papers.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 11:10 am
baltomom wrote:
Looking for ideas about how people collect recyclables in their house. Do you have a bin/multiple bins? What type? Where do you keep them? how often do you empty?

TIA!

I don’t recycle, but growing up we had a cabinet that had a pull down door with two handles on it. My mom would hang a huge shopping bag from it for glass and plastic, and every time it got full it would get taken to the outdoor recycling bin.

zaq

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 12:21 pm
I have multiple bags hanging from our coat rack in the entranceway. We have to separate paper, glass, plastic and metal. Our kitchen isn't big enough to accommodate the bags. We're in an apt. building so the main recycling bins are in the basement. I empty out our bags into the building's bins. Having the recycling bags right in the entry disqualifies us from ever being featured in Architectural Digest but it is what it is. I try to empty out the bags before we expect company so at least they're not bulging full and conspicuous. The bags are fairly small so they have to be emptied often.

baltomom

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 1:44 pm
Thanks for all the great ideas!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics