Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
What's for dinner???
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 8:00 pm
Crayon, I would gladly have give you the recipe by itself!

BTW the surprise side dish DH prepared was the frozen Gabila's potato knishes!

miriam

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 8:46 pm
koolmother wrote:
then when the fish is ready and your whole house stinks like fish, take a pan put some water and some cinnamon could be powdered or fresh and put it in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes with your oven on. it will give a delicious fresh smell and you will never be able to tell that you just baked fish

brilliant!! does it really work? I can't wait to try it next time.

red sea

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 8:48 pm
koolmother wrote:
delicious salmon baked in the oven
israely couscous
and ceasar salad

all done on the milchig side

my salmon is delicious
I mix olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika
pour it over the salmon and then add bread crums or corn flake crumbs on top and bake it for about 40 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered

and it comes out delicious.

then when the fish is ready and your whole house stinks like fish, take a pan put some water and some cinnamon could be powdered or fresh and put it in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes with your oven on. it will give a delicious fresh smell and you will never be able to tell that you just baked fish

enjoy

Can I come over to eat? Very Happy yum!

koolmother

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 9:05 pm
sure LOL

Crayon210

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 11:22 pm
SaraG-I didn't remember that it was your recipe...grrr.

But it was great! We loved it and are definitely doing it again, IY"H. Very easy and very tasty.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 10:39 am
On Wed. I usually work until 5:30, then have to commute home and be out by 7:15 for a Tanya shiur, so dinner is pretty rushed.

Tonite IYH is fresh beef hotdogs with fresh buns and frozen ears of corn.

What is everyone else having?

deedee

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 10:51 am
I guess its hot dog day!! kids are having hot dogs-they like to wrap them in fajitas. I'm gonna have lamb chops (SB diet!) and salad. when I make a salad I dont make a veggie and visa versa. they never eat both.
sarag on the days u are rushed for dinner there is a thread on making great dinners in the crock pot (if u have one). u put it up b-4 u leave in the morn and its erady to eat when u get home!

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 10:59 am
Hmmmmm. . . I'm not sure yet. I'm in the mood for mac and cheese with green beans on the side. Actually, that sounds so good, maybe I'll have it for lunch!

stem

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 11:06 am
We're going to a fleishig late-afternoon bris... no cooking for me!

shopaholic

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 12:09 pm
We have sheva brochos to go to & the kids are having mac & cheese

amother

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 12:11 pm
I never make hot dogs. I dont want my kids to eat them because they arent healthy for them.

timeout

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 12:12 pm
we're having Shnitzel with tzimmes it's my husbands favorite Very Happy

shoy18

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 12:14 pm
chicken and farfel

gryp

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 12:16 pm
SaraG, I never think this far in advance. these everyday "what are you having for dinner" threads are making me actually plan ahead! Very Happy

goldrose

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 12:19 pm
if I ever get outta my house...tilapia, rice, salad - thanks to the one who gave me the tilapia recipe in the other thread!

happymom

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 12:29 pm
ure welcome. did u like it?

Yocheved

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 12:45 pm
I am also going to try the tilapia recipe from the other thread. I hope I don't get flack from the kids about fish for supper. I keep telling them that this isn't a restaurant!

queen

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 12:53 pm
amother wrote:
I never make hot dogs. I dont want my kids to eat them because they arent healthy for them.

and this was posted as amother............?

What

red sea

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 12:56 pm
queen wrote:
amother wrote:

and this was posted as amother............?

What

because she doesn't want to be "attacked" for lecturing on a what's for dinner thread?

I also run a 100% hot dog free home,

come on guys keep posting, I'm waiting for a menu that I can copy for tonite Very Happy

deedee

Post Wed, Feb 22 2006, 12:56 pm
Quote:

I know!! but its for my step kids-they werent exactally brought up on healthy food and arent too enthuastic about mine (getting better though) so every once in a while I throw in comfort foods they like. my daughter is eating left over chulent with squash, she loves it!
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus