Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Inappropriate tablet ads

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 7:59 pm
I have the fire tablet and downloaded some kids games for kids. Some of the ads are inappropriate. Showing two people speaking and you have to chose the direction the conversation should take. So you can choose between one of the people cheating on his wife or impregnating his new girlfriend all this in cartoons! How do I get rid of these game ads?

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 8:01 pm
You can’t. I blocked all apps for ages 12 and older

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 8:03 pm
I don't allow any apps with ads or chatrooms.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 8:29 pm
Is there an option to turn off internet once the game is downloaded and play offline?

amother
Holly

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 8:35 pm
It may be worth paying to purchase some apps (as opposed to the free ones), that way your kids can play them ad-free

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 9:08 pm
I only download games that don’t need Internet to play once downloaded. I close the wifi after it’s downloaded

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 10:13 pm
My wifi is always off and the ads still come up

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 10:24 pm
I have the same thing Twisted Evil

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 12:28 am
amother OP wrote:
I have the fire tablet and downloaded some kids games for kids. Some of the ads are inappropriate. Showing two people speaking and you have to chose the direction the conversation should take. So you can choose between one of the people cheating on his wife or impregnating his new girlfriend all this in cartoons! How do I get rid of these game ads?

You need to pay more money when you buy a kindle so you don't get the ad supported version. I don't remember what the difference is, it might be an extra 50 bucks or so. If you pay the extra money, you don't get any ads.
My ads are mostly for books because that's what I use my kindle for, so it doesn't bother me. But if it was going to be for my kids to use to play games and such, I'd pay extra for the ad free Kindle.
(It doesn't matter if it's connected to wifi or not, those ads will still show up.)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 12:32 am
amother Opal wrote:
You need to pay more money when you buy a kindle so you don't get the ad supported version. I don't remember what the difference is, it might be an extra 50 bucks or so. If you pay the extra money, you don't get any ads.
My ads are mostly for books because that's what I use my kindle for, so it doesn't bother me. But if it was going to be for my kids to use to play games and such, I'd pay extra for the ad free Kindle.
(It doesn't matter if it's connected to wifi or not, those ads will still show up.)

Thank you would anyone have a link to a tablet with no ads.

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 12:38 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you would anyone have a link to a tablet with no ads.

When you buy a kindle tablet through amazon (a fire is a kindle tablet), just choose the option that says "not ad supported".

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 12:40 am
Just remember that even if the Kindle is not ad-supported the games might be.

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 12:41 am
amother Chartreuse wrote:
Just remember that even if the Kindle is not ad-supported the games might be.

I don't think so. I think if you pay for the non ad supported version, you won't get any.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 12:49 am
amother Opal wrote:
I don't think so. I think if you pay for the non ad supported version, you won't get any.

Considering that this is not true of other tablets or devices, I doubt it is true of the Kindle. There may be free apps with no ads, but many apps are ad-supported.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children