Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
First time having cleaning lady

frummom7

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 3:05 pm
Hi, tomorrow is my first time having a cleaning lady, I have no idea where to start! TMI
I have a relatively small apartment, I try to keep it clean, but it rarely gets a deep clean.
What should she do? Clean the windows? How?
How can she deep clean the bathroom?
Which products should she use? (I'm in Israel for reference)

Thanks for your help!! Smile

naomi2

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 4:27 pm
Congratulations!
Some things to know:
If you want the lady to be a good cleaner, you have to train her in. Take a tour the apartment with her and show her all the things in each room to clean. Show her closets so she knows where to put stuff away. Buy cleaning products and show her where you keep them. If you want linen changed, garbage taken out, drawers organized, refrigerator cleaned, polish the silver, tell her and how often you expect each thing done. If you want something down first, let's say to start the laundry, you have to tell her. If you want the kitchen or floors done last, tell her. Make sure to smile and compliment her work and give her food and drink.
The first few times she may be a little slow but should be quicker as she gets used to your house. if she doesn't finish more quickly or doesn't do a good job after 3 or 4 weeks she may not be a good cleaner. If you notice she doesn't clean somewhere or do something the way you want, the next time she comes tell her you want to show her something specific she should do from now on such as move the couch and sweep behind, or put the laundry back in drawers etc. Be as nice as if she were your neighbor when you talk to her, remember she has feelings and probably is doing the best she can.

sarahph1

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 4:37 pm
I was also going to post this!
Can someone write a list of diff jobs I can tell her to do
I’ve never had help before
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics