Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Adult arts and crafts needed
1  2  Next

supermom

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 4:10 am
I am organizing for the woman of my community a rosh chodesh party. I have everything planned out but an arts and crafts. I need some ideas but not to overly expensive. Picture would be nice to.

I need to start shopping for supplies this week.

I thought something connected to the month but what? Confused Or something else would do too. The arts and crafts would need to be like something wow to get the woman to keep coming back every month for more.

willow

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 5:59 am
I did that over where I live. I got a wonderful creative lady from the gush that has jewelery parties. She is very reasonable and great to work with. Everyone got to make a necklace and earing for 50 shek. If you are interested pm me for more details.

supermom

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 8:01 am
I love making jewerly. BUt the crowd that I am doing this for is a mixture of seminary, young married woman, and older woman not all of them are crazy over jewerly making.

yet

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 8:50 am
get a sushi chef, and teach them how to make sushi.
teach them how to make fancy fruit platters.
dif. ideas for centerpieces.

tzipp

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 8:51 am
how about some type of scrapbook?

Cdlf

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 8:54 am
Here we have Devorah Heller the Challah Lady who is very popular for all ages.
I still think jewelry making is a great idea for all ages.
Go visit a local crafts store and get suggestions from them, especially one that's Jewish.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 9:06 am
Another vote for scrapbooking. Everyone has photos they need to do something with.

Where do you live? If in the states, amazing savings have chaep scrapbook stuff.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 10:55 am
Mimisinger wrote:
Another vote for scrapbooking. Everyone has photos they need to do something with.

Where do you live? If in the states, amazing savings have chaep scrapbook stuff.

I don't like scrapbooking. I put all my pictures in albums.

I agree about amazing savings, if you live in the states. Go there and they have tons of ideas for crafts of all ages and they're cheap.

supermom

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:54 am
I need an arts and crafts not exactly something that they can learn like sushi making and all.
I live in Israel. I checked out the craft stores and they don't really have anything on display that was already made for adults. They told me if I had some idea they can help me put something together for me.

Maybe something with beads? A centerpiece for their table? Something for about yud zayin tammuz? Or something with sequints and pins? I have absolutely no IDEA!!

Tefila

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:59 am
I have done a lot of this over the years with my Rosh Chodesh groups working with minimum amount of dollars spent on it.
How long do you want to spend on a craft is also a question here, since ours is devided into three parts and the craft is only one coponant of it?
Anyways how about a 3d collage placed into a picture frame use old calendars, photos three copys of the same picture per person, double sides mounting tape. I will try to see if I can get a picture of one we did and post it.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:59 am
Where in Israel do you live? There is a GREAT craft store between kiryat moshe and har nof - I forgot the name of the street...by angels bakery - a few blocks away that had amazing craft ideas. They have beads and lots of Jewish things to paint or decoupage, decorate in beads, etc. Like candle stick holders, mezuza covers, washing cups, etc. It's fabulous! They come in wood or ceramic, etc. If you're interested, I can ask dh what the name of the street is called.

supermom

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 12:06 pm
Oh yes!! In Givat Shaul I forgot about that place!! I actually once spent about a hour there. But their things aren't cheap. We have only 8 shekals per person. Maybe I can get more from the yishuv I don't know.

Last month we spent about 2 hours on the arts and crafts.

Clarissa

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 12:20 pm
I once did this make-your-own t-shirt thing with some kids and it might be fun with adults. You can get some plain, white long-sleeved t-shirts and get these puffy paints in squeeze tubes and decorate them with flowers or children's names or whatever. You iron them and the stuff puffs out. They're just for working out or hanging out at home, but they can be fun to make for yourself or someone else. For those who are mothers, there could be little t-shirts for the kids or big for adults.

Raisin

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 12:26 pm
I like clarissas idea. and its kind of a summer theme. you can ask people to bring a t-shirt they already own to cut down on costs. Also look into silk painting challa covers. I have no idea how much it costs but I beleive it is pretty simple.

Tehilla

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 12:26 pm
my MIL bought a bunch of stuff for making necklaces and earrings and we had such a blast doing it! and I've gotten compliments along the lines of "where did you buy that, it's gorgeous!"

it was more along the lines of stones/gems than beads.

tzipp

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 12:27 pm
Everyone loves cake decorating- you can do cupcakes if you want.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 12:31 pm
Tehilla wrote:
my MIL bought a bunch of stuff for making necklaces and earrings and we had such a blast doing it! and I've gotten compliments along the lines of "where did you buy that, it's gorgeous!"

it was more along the lines of stones/gems than beads.

We did that too for our Nisan Chodesh party Smile
But does come a bit pricey unless someone donates most of the materials as opposed to just some!

Tefila

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 12:32 pm
tzipp wrote:
how about some type of scrapbook?

Yes we did that asking every one to bring family pictures. It was a cheaper solution using a dollar staor for the scrap book extras then going to a reg scrap store for that.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 12:40 pm
What about making mezuza cases out of clay or fimo? I've done that loads of times and it's not that expensive, esp. if you use clay.

Pizza

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 1:10 pm
The place in Givat Shaul is pretty pricey
Theres a cheaper place with MUCH more selection in Talpiot

What about macrame plant holders?
Silk painting - tallis band or challa covers?
Make kitchen aprons from old clothes? (get some heavy-duty skirts from a gmach and use the fabric for the body and straps)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics