Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What is your one and only BEST recipe for pesach?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 12:12 am
Title says it all, please share your family's favorite recipe!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 10:50 am
Bumping this up for morning crowd!

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 10:56 am
Sorry had to choose 3
Mocha cupcakes
Jam
Caramelized roast

Nechamie

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 11:07 am
Please share your carmelized roast!!

Mine is jalapeno salmon:
Simply saute onions with peeled and cubed jalapenos. Let Salmon soak in lemon juice for a few minutes. Pour some salt on salmon. Pour onion and jalapenos. In oven covered until ready.

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 11:16 am
pecan cookies

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 11:26 am
Please post the actual recipe too, unless it’s a family secret of course.

chicco

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 11:27 am
Strawberry shortcake from Taste of Pesach 1.

Please post your recipes when you respond!

amother
DarkGray

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 12:36 pm
That would definitely be my carrot cake with cream cheese frosting

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 12:37 pm
Hungarian brownies from taste of pesach recipe on Google

Stars

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 12:37 pm
The duck sauce from here
Chef chaya egg kichel

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 12:38 pm
https://www.jewishtimes.com/hu.....nies/

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 12:58 pm
We want recipes pleasssse!!!
Is the jalapeño salmon very spicy? I'd love to try!!
Mocha cupcakes recipes please

Highstrung

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 12:58 pm
Potatoe Chremslach

I’m not sure if it’s the taste or more the feelings that this dish brings.
When I was growing up my father made Chremslach for all of us on Erev Yom Tov.
It’s like potatoe latkas , but made with mashed potatoes and sautéed onions.
I continued the tradition and serve it every Erev Pesach afternoon, plus lots of other times during Pesach.

2 large onions sautéed
Potatoes peeled and boiled
1 egg for every 2 potatoes plus one more egg
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying. We love walnut oil or olive oil

Peel potatoes and boil them in water until soft but not falling apart
Dice and sautee onions while the potatoes are boiling
Remove potatoes from the water and run them through a potatoe masher pushing each potatoe through the masher with your other hand. This should make the potatoes semi mashed but not creamy mashed . You should have some chunks in it.
Add one egg for every 2 potatoes plus one more egg at the end.
Add the sautéed onions
Add decent amount of salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil in a frying pan and using a slotted spoon drop in spoonfuls into the oil , like you would do for latkes. Fry until it begins to brown . Flip over and allow to brown on other side. Drain on paper towels. Taste one cooked one and see if salt needs to be added. If yes, add it to the mixture before making more latkes.

This is a family recipe so there are no exact amounts . There are also rarely ever any leftovers. They are a great snack and a great side dish (replacement to kugel) .

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 2:42 pm
Bumping for recipes please!

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 2:46 pm
Crock pot Potato Yapchik
I dont use and exact recipe but something like 6 potatoes, 1 zucchini, 1 onion all grated. Then 2 heaping tspns salt, pepper, 1/2 cup oil, 1/4 cup seltzer.
mix and add in sauteed finger meat or other meat.
pour into crockpot and just let it go. I sometimes mix it up in middle of the day if I want it mushy or let it sit if I'm in the mood of crusty.

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 2:59 pm
Strawberry Jam! Only anonymous because I'm known for this every year and I post about it on facebook. This is a family tradition and it's the first thing I make every year.

Strawberries
Whole lemon
Sugar

Clean strawberries, cut off the tops, and put in bowls. The kids put on gloves and smush them until it's mostly squished with some chunks left.

Put in a huge pot. Put in 1/2 sugar for every quart of strawberries. Cut a lemon in half, squeeze the juice, then slice the lemon and put it all in - you HAVE to use the peel or it won't get the right consistency - it needs the natural pectin in the lemon rind. Depending on how many strawberries, increase the number of lemons.

Bring to boil, lower to simmer, and simmer it for hours. Taste it as needed through the process and add more sugar if you feel it needs it. It will be runny until it cools. Try it when it's crazy hot - it's the most delicious thing in the world.

Put in mason jars and give to your loved ones.

At home, eat it on matza if you do that, put it in yogurt, on brownies, on cake, in ice cream... or just in a spoon. I can not tell you how good this is. My friends, neighbors, and family look forward to this every year.

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 3:01 pm
Highstrung wrote:
Potatoe Chremslach

I’m not sure if it’s the taste or more the feelings that this dish brings.
When I was growing up my father made Chremslach for all of us on Erev Yom Tov.
It’s like potatoe latkas , but made with mashed potatoes and sautéed onions.
I continued the tradition and serve it every Erev Pesach afternoon, plus lots of other times during Pesach.

2 large onions sautéed
Potatoes peeled and boiled
1 egg for every 2 potatoes plus one more egg
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying. We love walnut oil or olive oil

Peel potatoes and boil them in water until soft but not falling apart
Dice and sautee onions while the potatoes are boiling
Remove potatoes from the water and run them through a potatoe masher pushing each potatoe through the masher with your other hand. This should make the potatoes semi mashed but not creamy mashed . You should have some chunks in it.
Add one egg for every 2 potatoes plus one more egg at the end.
Add the sautéed onions
Add decent amount of salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil in a frying pan and using a slotted spoon drop in spoonfuls into the oil , like you would do for latkes. Fry until it begins to brown . Flip over and allow to brown on other side. Drain on paper towels. Taste one cooked one and see if salt needs to be added. If yes, add it to the mixture before making more latkes.

This is a family recipe so there are no exact amounts . There are also rarely ever any leftovers. They are a great snack and a great side dish (replacement to kugel) .

OK, please tell me about these. My neighbor makes these, but hers are boiled and they are more like a goo-ball. I've watched her make them, she uses a mix of real potatos which she mashes and also potato flakes, no onions. They have no taste, so she serves them with meat and spoons some of the meat drippings over them.

Highstrung

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 3:12 pm
amother Almond wrote:
OK, please tell me about these. My neighbor makes these, but hers are boiled and they are more like a goo-ball. I've watched her make them, she uses a mix of real potatos which she mashes and also potato flakes, no onions. They have no taste, so she serves them with meat and spoons some of the meat drippings over them.

Lol. What you describe sounds more like homemade gnocchi or homemade unbreaded shlishkes.

I know that some people refer to Chremslach differently. Some people serve this boring plain boiled potatoe thing with sprinkles of sugar on it. Nope. That’s not what I’m talking about.

The Chremslach I know of are full of flavor and are really the same as a potato latke but instead of raw onions and potatoes it’s sautéed onions and cooked potatoes. Otherwise the ratios and seasoning are the same as potatoe latkes.

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 3:24 pm
Highstrung wrote:
Lol. What you describe sounds more like homemade gnocchi or homemade unbreaded shlishkes.

I know that some people refer to Chremslach differently. Some people serve this boring plain boiled potatoe thing with sprinkles of sugar on it. Nope. That’s not what I’m talking about.

The Chremslach I know of are full of flavor and are really the same as a potato latke but instead of raw onions and potatoes it’s sautéed onions and cooked potatoes. Otherwise the ratios and seasoning are the same as potatoe latkes.

I would love to see a picture of yours frying and also once it's done. It sounds amazing.

yachnabobba

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 4:23 pm
TOMATO SAUCE! Lmk if you are crazy enough to want to make it and I’ll provide recipe
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics