Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Zeroah- thigh vs beet wwyd - last second seder

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 10:26 pm
Wwyd for zeroah? Some of us are sick so we had to cancel our being guests at a seder last second. Luckily we were only going out so the house is otherwise ready, I'm now just doing last second seder for a tiny family (me and DH and very young kids).

It's already erev pesach here. I don't have any drumsticks. I have chicken thigh or meat off the bone. DH can't pick up and I'm not shlepping sick kids to the store for a drumstick, there's too much to do and it's just too much given the way we're all feeling.

I've seen on this site that vegetarians use beetroot, but we're not vegetarian and I also have chicken thighs.
Should I use a thigh? Do I need to use the whole thigh or a piece on the bone is enough? Does it not really matter and I should just use beetroot? (Kosher meat is so expensive where we live, I really don't want to use an entire thigh.)

mazelandbracha

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 10:32 pm
A piece of bone from the thigh should be just fine. Refuah sheleima!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 10:35 pm
mazelandbracha wrote:
A piece of bone from the thigh should be just fine. Refuah sheleima!!

Thank you!!

ROFL

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 10:48 pm
Today I saw our local store giving away the thigh bones for zeroa. I guess they have lots of them since everybody love pargiot now ( boneless thighs )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics