Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
If you go to orlando for pesach...

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 4:31 pm
Just curious, if you go to Orlando for pesach (or any other place in Florida and you don't live there year round and aren't visiting family)-- what do you do on the actual days of y"t with your kids?

I'm asking because especially on a 3 day y"t, my younger kids thrive on park time and playdates with friends. they would go crazy in a villa with just me and my husband and their siblings.

Is it too hot/humid to go to the park?
Are there even playgrounds in these developments where people rent villas?
Or do you go with your extended family so your kids have whom to play with?

I'm not talking about hotel programs with a day camp/ or other programming for children. I guess this question would really apply to any other place where people rent "villas" for pesach, but I was specifically thinking of Florida, because of the heat/humidity.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 4:37 pm
The communities where the Jewish people rent have hundreds of Jewish kids running around yom tov afternoon!! It’s like a bungalow colony! The kids often bring scooters, are scootering around. chances are they’l know a couple kids there! I’ve been, we always had other kids we knew there and my kids had a blast.. I know in encore there is a small playground area. Not sure about other places..

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 4:46 pm
And a few branches of family will rent a house together.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 5:01 pm
I went last year because I had family members going and we needed to come along. I hate humidity, and I couldn't stand it. I bought some new toys for my kids in Walmart so they kept busy with that, and because I was with family they had entertainment, but neither I nor the family members that I went with understood the appeal (we went due to an extended family reunion). But I was also post a minor procedure and had to Kasher and cook when I got there in around 24 hours. And some other family was sick, so we were all going a bit nuts on ther ends as well.

giftedmom

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 5:04 pm
I’d only go with another family with kids. We once went for yeshivah week and when dd knocked on another family’s door asking if she can play with their kid they looked at us like we had horns. We were later told it was improper and socially off. Go figure.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 5:15 pm
We are here with our siblings and my kids are playing with their cousins all day. I went to dollar tree before yt and bought some junky toys that the kids loved. We also have a game room in our house and that keeps the kids busy. We took walk on yt and met our neighbors and there's a park down the road. It is a little hot so we went to the park later in the day when it cooled down. My kids have not been bored for one minute
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics