Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Doona value!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 8:39 pm
Why is it that the doona has such a high value in our community even after being used?
When a stroller is being sold second hand it automatically slashes price in half because it's used. Doesn't even matter how long it was used for. Once it's used the value drops alot.
So why are ppl selling and buying doonas for just $100 less then bought brand new after a good few mons of use?
I keep seeing used doonas for sale just $100 less then retail price.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 8:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why is it that the doona has such a high value in our community even after being used?
When a stroller is being sold second hand it automatically slashes price in half because it's used. Doesn't even matter how long it was used for. Once it's used the value drops alot.
So why are ppl selling and buying doonas for just $100 less then bought brand new after a good few mons of use?
I keep seeing used doonas for sale just $100 less then retail price.

Because people will pay

GLUE

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 8:44 pm
Because people will pay it.

groovy1224

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 8:44 pm
The price is not 'automatically slashed in half'. The price is whatever people will pay.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 8:45 pm
Just because people are asking that much doesn't mean they are getting it. I bought mine used for a year for half price. And I know plenty of people who did the same.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 8:46 pm
GLUE wrote:
Because people will pay it.

Jinx

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 8:48 pm
It's crazy that ppl will pay $450 for used to save exactly $100 to have brand new.

If someone has the $450 to get used they can have just $100 more...
And if someone almost doesn't have the $450 why do ppl feel like it's a must have?
Get a snap n go for $200

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 8:49 pm
Why does this bother you? Are you trying to buy a second hand carriage and it's too expensive? Buy a snap and go?

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 8:56 pm
I wouldn’t do it. But I wouldn’t actually spend money on a Doona. I’m the neighborhood weirdo that has a Nuna car seat on my Bee frame.

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 8:57 pm
amother Petunia wrote:
I wouldn’t do it. But I wouldn’t actually spend money on a Doona. I’m the neighborhood weirdo that has a Nuna car seat on my Bee frame.

Me too Smile

groovy1224

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 8:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's crazy that ppl will pay $450 for used to save exactly $100 to have brand new.

And if someone almost doesn't have the $450 why do ppl feel like it's a must have?
Get a snap n go for $200

I don't think people actually pay that. People can post their's for sale for whatever price they want, but they won't get that much.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 9:01 pm
amother Petunia wrote:

I have a graco travel system :-)

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 9:02 pm
Usually people sell it, and give along the accessories, included in the price.
Baby bag, plastic... are usually purchased separately. So by asking $100 less than the actual stroller price, it's more than saving just $100.

The doona does have a benefit over other strollers. It's a car seat as well and very compact. Easy to shlep up/down stairs...

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 9:03 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I have a graco travel system :-)

Lol, so I am a stroller snob. But the love does not extend toward Doonas. I’m tall and I don’t do strollers without (fully) extendable handlebars.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 9:06 pm
amother OP wrote:

Get a snap n go for $200
I was wondering the same. I see second hand Doonas advertised and can't understand why someone would buy second hand just to save $100.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 9:09 pm
amother Petunia wrote:
Lol, so I am a stroller snob. But the love does not extend toward Doonas. I’m tall and I don’t do strollers without (fully) extendable handlebars.

I have 4 strollers….actually 3, cuz I just finally threw one away that was 13 years old. I wanted to fix it, but I just never get around to it. I have a travel stroller (not an umbrella, but a light weight one) that I got for $40, a bugaboo that I got for $100, and my graco that I just got for my baby.
Also, I’m short and also don’t love the doona. For me it’s not practical.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 9:31 pm
I’m selling mine brand new - midnight edition. My baby is almost 7 months so it was barely used because I only use it for the car not otherwise. I paid $650 but selling for $450 which is $200 less. Includes the bag and 7 AM winter cover.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 9:34 pm
amother Wine wrote:
I’m selling mine brand new - midnight edition. My baby is almost 7 months so it was barely used because I only use it for the car not otherwise. I paid $650 but selling for $450 which is $200 less. Includes the bag and 7 AM winter cover.

If you used it then it's not brand new.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 9:36 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
If you used it then it's not brand new.

Why are you being rude? I meant to say brand new condition and I’m assuming most people reading this would’ve realized what I meant.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 9:42 pm
amother Wine wrote:
Why are you being rude? I meant to say brand new condition and I’m assuming most people reading this would’ve realized what I meant.

She wasn’t being rude, she was just stating a fact. I thought the same thing she did- if you used it, even for a few months, it isn’t brand new.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics