Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Difference between GE oven in shabbos mode vs zman keeper
Previous  1  2

amother
Lightblue

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 6:54 pm
following

amother
Garnet

Post Sat, Apr 22 2023, 9:32 pm
I have a warming drawer and spoke extensively with my rabbi about how to use it. One of the reasons you cannot put food into an oven is maaras ayin. I can't see how the zmankeeper would help with that. However maybe you would be permitted to put multiple foods into the oven before shabbos and open the oven more than once to remove them.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 22 2023, 11:03 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
I have a warming drawer and spoke extensively with my rabbi about how to use it. One of the reasons you cannot put food into an oven is maaras ayin. I can't see how the zmankeeper would help with that. However maybe you would be permitted to put multiple foods into the oven before shabbos and open the oven more than once to remove them.

I was actually thinking about this. I was thinking that my daughters might remember seeing me put things in the oven and think it’s permissible to do that on shabbos without realizing that I only did it because I had the zman keeper.

I emailed the zman technology company asking them if it’s permitted to place cooked food in the oven to warm up on shabbos. This is what they wrote back.

It might be possible according to some opinions .

Best to reach out directly to the OU or CRC regarding any halacha questions.

I will follow up IyH.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen