Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
If you built your house: What's the biggest mistake you made
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 2:18 am
I never built my house, but I did work in real estate

One thing I notice is that people forget that they (or there parents) will get old one day. If this is a "Forever" home, it is really worthwhile to either put the master bedroom or a guest room that can become a master bedroom on the ground floor. And it should have a shower instead of a tub (both is fine, but the shower is important). Ideally the shower should be big enough for a wheel chair and have no step.

This is something that also raises the value of the home in appraisals.

Another thing that is less of an issue now days, but a lot of the older homes had different levels with a few steps, to mark the spaces between living and dining ect. This is awful when you are getting older.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 3:41 am
amother Milk wrote:
I never built my house, but I did work in real estate

One thing I notice is that people forget that they (or there parents) will get old one day. If this is a "Forever" home, it is really worthwhile to either put the master bedroom or a guest room that can become a master bedroom on the ground floor. And it should have a shower instead of a tub (both is fine, but the shower is important). Ideally the shower should be big enough for a wheel chair and have no step.

This is something that also raises the value of the home in appraisals.

Another thing that is less of an issue now days, but a lot of the older homes had different levels with a few steps, to mark the spaces between living and dining ect. This is awful when you are getting older.

This
Thanks for posting, it's such a valuable piece of information.

Busybee5

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 5:52 am
DustyDiamonds wrote:
Wow, I was wishing for one recently! I love when all of my counters are clear except for the soap dispenser at each sink! Wish I didn’t need them! And I’m always moving them to wipe down the counters!

I bought stunning dispensor bottles and tray from shein! They match my kitchen and look stunning. I'll try to link them.

Busybee5

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 6:05 am
https://m.shein.co.uk/2pcs-PET.....Rec=1

These in black and gold. Love them!, I use them on one side of my sink that's not on my island.
I'll try to find the tray that I got to go with it. Looks like a set.

https://m.shein.co.uk/1pc-Oval.....Rec=1

I bought this one I think. Just measure it, I'm not sure what size I bought but it fits the above bottles really nicely but isn't too big. Maybe medium one.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating