Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sleep troubles

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 3:26 am
My toddler (eighteen months) is a terrible sleeper! She doesn’t go to sleep until late, compared to my friends kids (nine or later) and wakes up in the early hours of the morning (2 am usually)and cries for hours. I get up around five/six to teach and she wakes up then. She takes one nap a day around 12 at daycare. When she’s at home with me she naps for about an hour. I‘ve been told that she’s like this because she doesn’t get enough mommy with my work schedule. I am the only income we have so I don’t have a choice not to work. I’m also getting very little sleep. I’m pretty strict about her sleep- I don’t want to reward her by letting her get up at two/ three am when she’s screaming but it keeps me up all night, especially because I’m only able to have any time for myself after she’s gone to bed. DH just wants me to put her to bed later but I can’t stand even less time to do my own things. She often gets really manic energy and demanding later in the evening which makes me want to put her to sleep!! Any tips for this situation??? I’m so tired!!!!!

SG18

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 4:54 am
I would cut the nap she takes with you and make bedtime earlier. Give her the mommy time during the day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics