Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Headache every Sunday
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 6:44 pm
Every Sunday I feel lightheaded with a dull headache. I usually just want to sleep all afternoon. My kids are always home and they are frustrated that I'm always not feeling well.
Any thoughts about why this could be?

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 6:47 pm
Do you skip a coffee on shabbos bec you're meaty or go to sleep later bec you nap?

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 6:47 pm
A lot of challa can cause this.

rachelli66

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 6:49 pm
If it's new, see a Doctor.
As said below, it could be added sugar, more cakes and Challah on Shabbos. Heavier foods.
Not drinking enough water but sugary drinks.

Undefined

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 6:52 pm
Some people need to be very scheduled if they're prone to headaches. It could be that on Shabbos and Sunday your schedule is different than during the week and that causes the headache

lamplighter

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 6:56 pm
Stress? Sunday can be very stressful. Also if you have a change in sleeping patterns.

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 6:56 pm
Likely the challah

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 7:18 pm
Thank you all.
I'm going to try to cut out challa next shabbos and see of that makes me feel better.
I do think I overeat on shabbos, way too much. And on Sunday I usually try to go off sugar. So maybe it's withdrawal also.

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 7:19 pm
Maybe spelt would be better, or try take probiotic

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 8:36 pm
I don’t know if this is your situation, but my husband has some reaction to sulphites in grape juice that used to cause headaches for him every Sunday. It took a while to figure out the exact cause, and then the dr picked up that he only has grape juice on shabbos! Since he stopped grape juice, the headaches basically disappeared.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 8:40 pm
Do you nap shabbos afternoon and then go to sleep very late motzai shabbos?

Are you constipated from shabbos?

oneofakind

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 8:56 pm
Sulfites from grape juice or wine or too much challah.

synthy

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 9:00 pm
I get it a lot too. I call it a Sunday headache. Haven’t figured out exactly but I think it’s the shabbos food + going to sleep late Friday night + sleeping in shabbos morning + napping in the afternoon + falling asleep motzei shabbos at 4 am + sleeping in Sunday….

wiki

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 9:11 pm
And when I have a heavy Shabbos lunch but then hardly eat anything for Shalosh Seudos or melaveh malka, I sometimes get a headache around lunchtime on Sunday. I assume it's because my body has gone almost 24 hours without a nutritious meal.

I try to stick some fiber and protein and vegetables into Sunday lunch, and make sure it's not mainly carb and cheese. And drink more water.

wantavaca

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 9:14 pm
For me it’s the extra shabbos food- challah, cake, candy…
When I am extra careful I feel great on Sunday

amother
Brown

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 9:15 pm
WI don't eat challah and cake on shabbos and I somehow don't need that afternoon nap. I use the time to learn the parsha and say lots of tehilim and I end the day feeling like I had a meaningful and productive shabbos, not just a lazy one. If you're not sleep deprived (pregnant or postpartum mothers is a different story) and you got a decent night's sleep on Friday night you really don't need that nap. You're tired because of overeating and too much refined carbs. Try it one week, fill up on salad and proteins and minimal cholent and don't nap and go to sleep as early as possible on a summer motzei shabbos and see how Sunday is a regular energetic day, not a shleppy heavy one.

amother
Melon

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 9:20 pm
Do you eat more foods with MSG on Shabbos?

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 9:22 pm
For me the culprit was sulfites. Sulfite allergies are very common for Jews because G6PD deficiency is so common in Jewish communities.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 9:25 pm
synthy wrote:
I get it a lot too. I call it a Sunday headache. Haven’t figured out exactly but I think it’s the shabbos food + going to sleep late Friday night + sleeping in shabbos morning + napping in the afternoon + falling asleep motzei shabbos at 4 am + sleeping in Sunday….

I think this is about right.

I don't drink any grape juice or wine on shabbos (a tiny sip) so that can't be it.

I do eat lots of challa and other unhealthy food. I sleep a ton and then go to sleep late on MS.
I guess I need to try to cut out the heavy eating and see if that cures my headache and fatigue. I am starting to wonder if I have a gluten intolerance.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 9:49 pm
Switching to sourdough bread and no other carbs for the shabbos meal did the trick for us. We also cut soda.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise