Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Eczema and prevention
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:33 pm
My kids have mild eczema, how can I correct myself before pregnancy so the next one shouldn't get it?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:35 pm
Avoid vaccines. Heal your gut.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:39 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Avoid vaccines. Heal your gut.

How?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
How?

Million dollar question lol.
I would say diet is foundational. AIP, SCD, gaps, one of those. There are many other pieces as well.

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:52 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Million dollar question lol.
I would say diet is foundational. AIP, SCD, gaps, one of those. There are many other pieces as well.

If OP follows the very best of those diets perfectly, what would you say would be her reduction of risk for her baby having mild eczema? Are you saying the risk would be eliminated?

How mild is the eczema? Why is this the battle you are choosing, OP?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:53 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
If OP follows the very best of those diets perfectly, what would you say would be her reduction of risk for her baby having mild eczema? Are you saying the risk would be eliminated?
I don't think anyone can put a number on that. But OP is asking what she can try. I'm sure she understands there are no guarantees. There are many different layers of causes for eczema. Diet and gut health are still foundational.

amother
Lightblue

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:55 pm
Whole foods menu for you. Vitamins, do bloodwork to see if you are deficient in any.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:19 pm
amother Candycane wrote:

How mild is the eczema? Why is this the battle you are choosing, OP?

Did you ever have a child with eczema? Just watch them once scratching or waking up at night and you'll get your answer...
What wouldn't a mother do to prevent that from her child...

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
Did you ever have a child with eczema? Just watch them once scratching or waking up at night and you'll get your answer...

This when your toddler is up half the night scratching or walks around all day saying mommy itchy then of course you want to fix it

amother
Wine

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:39 pm
Once baby born beshaa tova, be super careful with soap products and laundry detergents. Five kids with eczema and number 6 managed to stop it ever becoming a problem. Once it's there, very hard to control.

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:50 pm
Following.., would love to know the same.
My 4-month old baby has eczema and it’s no fun. I’ve had other kids with eczema as well....

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:52 pm
amother Wine wrote:
Once baby born beshaa tova, be super careful with soap products and laundry detergents. Five kids with eczema and number 6 managed to stop it ever becoming a problem. Once it's there, very hard to control.

Which soaps and detergents are good? Was just this enough?

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 7:10 pm
Smart woman!
Prevention is the name of the game!
Gut health is critical

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 9:31 pm
Have a sister in law that had two kids with terrible eczema. Before trying for a third she decided to change things in her eating and body. Started clean eating type of food. fruits veg protein, no white wheat or sugar. Took vitamins for gut health.
She continued into pregnancy and nursing and bh her next child is perfectly OK

Also change for clean detergents and cleaning products.
Obviously this is only hishtadlus we can do and the rest is upto the master of the world.

Lots of luck in figuring things out.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 9:51 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
Have a sister in law that had two kids with terrible eczema. Before trying for a third she decided to change things in her eating and body. Started clean eating type of food. fruits veg protein, no white wheat or sugar. Took vitamins for gut health.
She continued into pregnancy and nursing and bh her next child is perfectly OK

Also change for clean detergents and cleaning products.
Obviously this is only hishtadlus we can do and the rest is upto the master of the world.

Lots of luck in figuring things out.

Thanks, am only using spelt flour and almost no sugar (fruits yes). Detergents and cleaning products are mostly natural. can you find out which vitamins she took?
I'm also before my third

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 10:18 pm
amother OP wrote:

This doesn’t sound mild. I’m curious why you specifically described it as mild?

amother
Silver

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 10:25 pm
One of my kids was reacting terribly to the chlorine in the tap water (among other things)
I cleaned the floor with vinegar
The varicella vaccine brought it on (hindsight 😭😭😭)
I’d push off all possible vaccines as much as possible.
Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 10:29 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
This doesn’t sound mild. I’m curious why you specifically described it as mild?

Okay sorry maybe it's not mild but in my eyes it is very mild according to someone I know, her life is literately up side down... She's a 12 year old that's suffering so much... She's missing tons of school, is can't sleep for a full hour straight, can only undress herself under water because clothes are connected to her... She's such a poor kid.
Her parents have done everything on earth that's possible, including being a few months in Florida Arizona California Switzerland and Israel.

So my kid is b'h not to compare to that other one but she's waking up a couple of times at night, she's scratching during the day, I can't put her on shorts, She has visible eczema not just scratching

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 10:31 pm
amother Silver wrote:
One of my kids was reacting terribly to the chlorine in the tap water (among other things)
I cleaned the floor with vinegar
The varicella vaccine brought it on (hindsight 😭😭😭)
I’d push off all possible vaccines as much as possible.
Hatzlacha!

Thanks but if both my kids have eczema then it's probably coming from me, am looking to clean myself

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 10:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Okay sorry maybe it's not mild but in my eyes it is very mild according to someone I know, her life is literately up side down... She's a 12 year old that's suffering so much... She's missing tons of school, is can't sleep for a full hour straight, can only undress herself under water because clothes are connected to her... She's such a poor kid.
Her parents have done everything on earth that's possible, including being a few months in Florida Arizona California Switzerland and Israel.

So my kid is b'h not to compare to that other one but she's waking up a couple of times at night, she's scratching during the day, I can't put her on shorts, She has visible eczema not just scratching

And forgot, my older one had just a few spots and my younger all over. I'm afraid my next one shouldn't be worse
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics