Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
High paying jobs with no degrees
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:14 pm
From the thread about the girl making x amount of money and all, there were women who were saying that they were able to get high paying jobs without degrees.
Can anyone who has a high paying job without having gone to college or the like, what do you do and how did you get your job?
I went to uni and I dont make top dollar at all. And never will.

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:16 pm
They were talking about about Lakewood. It's a very weird, artificially created, not real world situation there.

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:19 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
They were talking about about Lakewood. It's a very weird, artificially created, not real world situation there.

I thought someone said their daughters billing job was remote. I’d assume that means even though the company is in Lakewood you can live anywhere

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:20 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:

Interesting. I dont know what that means. Can you explain? I dont live in america.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:21 pm
I dont live in lakewood but you can earn a decent salary think 70k if you work full time (40+ hrs a week)in a frum office for 5+ years maybe even more. Some principals or office managers will make 100k+ with no degree. Also real estate broker and selling insurance can do well if you have that nature and do it full time and hustle.

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
From the thread about the girl making x amount of money and all, there were women who were saying that they were able to get high paying jobs without degrees.
Can anyone who has a high paying job without having gone to college or the like, what do you do and how did you get your job?
I went to uni and I dont make top dollar at all. And never will.

Human Resources, there are ppl who do it with a degree, but lots who don't. The learning is more often then not, "on the job"

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:25 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
I dont live in lakewood but you can earn a decent salary think 70k if you work full time (40+ hrs a week)in a frum office for 5+ years maybe even more. Some principals or office managers will make 100k+ with no degree. Also real estate broker and selling insurance can do well if you have that nature and do it full time and hustle.

How are principals and office managers making similar salaries? That doesnt really make sense.

nicole81

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:25 pm
Data analytics, data science, dev ops, etc. Hard to break into but once you get that first job, you can fly from there.

Tons of bootcamps and online programs to get certified from.

If you're willing to do a 2 year degree (associates and can be done in less time) radiology tech then dosimetry pays well.

Real estate but its very much time and locale related.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
Interesting. I dont know what that means. Can you explain? I dont live in america.

I don't live in Lakewood so basing this on imamother threads.

For whatever reason, the salaries paid to people for relatively unskilled office work is significantly higher than the "going rates" for equivalent jobs even in high cost of living areas.

I worked for large corporations and you can't even get hired as an administrative assistant without a college degree and they don't pay $50,000 or $70,000 to someone right out of high school - the way people claim seminary girls are paid.

Also the hours worked are completely non-standard. Lakewood hours seem to be 9:30 to 3:00 PM and most companies in the real work are 9 to 6 or 9 to 5:30 because the presumption is that you work 40 hours a week.

Again, I have no first hand knowledge

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:50 pm
I have a masters degree and make $60k working full time not even in my field. It’s flexible ans has
Good benefits but it’s not enough.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:56 pm
I know people who got jobs in IT/tech/cyber with just training and certifications.

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:58 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:

You sound jealous. This comment is disgusting

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:59 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
I don't live in Lakewood so basing this on imamother threads.

For whatever reason, the salaries paid to people for relatively unskilled office work is significantly higher than the "going rates" for equivalent jobs even in high cost of living areas.

I worked for large corporations and you can't even get hired as an administrative assistant without a college degree and they don't pay $50,000 or $70,000 to someone right out of high school - the way people claim seminary girls are paid.

Also the hours worked are completely non-standard. Lakewood hours seem to be 9:30 to 3:00 PM and most companies in the real work are 9 to 6 or 9 to 5:30 because the presumption is that you work 40 hours a week.

Again, I have no first hand knowledge
I've lived in Lakewood for a long time. These very high salaries are pretty recent, just over the last few years. A lot of businesses relocated to Lakewood and there aren't enough employees.

So there's a teacher shortage and a babysitting shortage and an office worker shortage, and so wages have gone way up. I wonder if it's a bubble and will eventually burst. Or if the offices here will keep paying these high wages.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:00 pm
amother Clover wrote:
You sound jealous. This comment is disgusting

What?! Why are Lakewood people so defensive?

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:05 pm
amother Tan wrote:
What?! Why are Lakewood people so defensive?

Wouldn't you also be if every one tries to put down your city at every given opportunity?

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:08 pm
amother Clover wrote:
Wouldn't you also be if every one tries to put down your city at every given opportunity?

Uh, no. If they say something true, it's true. If someone tells me Monsey traffic became nuts, or that taxes in Rockland County are not normal, I will 100% agree with them. Facts are facts.

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:10 pm
I didn't go to college and earn about $90K.

I think it's the case with managerial type positions that you have a knack for.
Employees will pay well for people whom they can rely on to oversee an aspect of their business for them flawlessly.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:11 pm
Not lakewood here. Earning 150k by working my way up with a generous boss and HARD WOR.

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:14 pm
amother Tan wrote:
Uh, no. If they say something true, it's true. If someone tells me Monsey traffic became nuts, or that taxes in Rockland County are not normal, I will 100% agree with them. Facts are facts.

2 things- 1. simply not true (it could be a little but now like you put it
2. that was such a mean way to put it
[quote= "It's a very weird, artificially created, not real world situation there "]

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:15 pm
amother Clover wrote:
2 things- 1. simply not true (it could be a little but now like you put it
2. that was such a mean way to put it
[quote= "It's a very weird, artificially created, not real world situation there "]

I'm not the one who said it. Just find the Lakewood defensiveness weird. And you're really nitpicking about the language... seriously. The Lakewood job market will not be insulted, I promise you.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics