Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What do camps do on shiva asar b’tamuz

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 3:29 pm
Was planning a trip and then realized it goes into shiva asar b’tamuz- I am wondering what people would do in my situation. What do camps do on that day?

NechaMom

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 3:30 pm
No fun that day. Fasting and some speeches. Perhaps some inspirational films.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 3:36 pm
My daughter went to Agudah Midwest years ago. On that day, they saw inspiring films, did some very light activities, and did several workshops. They also had a lot of free time to just relax in their rooms or talk on the camp phones. Definitely not anything exciting.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 3:38 pm
Overnight camps or day camps? My kids day camps have half day for boys, and no day camp for girls.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 3:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
Was planning a trip and then realized it goes into shiva asar b’tamuz- I am wondering what people would do in my situation. What do camps do on that day?

My daughter’s day camp has half a day, they end at 1:00 instead of 4:00.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 7:19 pm
But they still do fun things to entertain the kids right?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 7:21 pm
Do you think it’s a problem continuing a road trip during that time?- this was already planned and hotels booked- I just totally
Messed up the dates- thought the three weeks started when we get back Can't Believe It

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 7:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you think it’s a problem continuing a road trip during that time?- this was already planned and hotels booked- I just totally
Messed up the dates- thought the three weeks started when we get back Can't Believe It

Yes. Can you hang around the hotel on that day?
My camp had crafts to keep us entertained. Basically rest hour all day.
Letter writing maybe
No running, climbing activities. Many girls fasted.
In EY we did vasikin at kosel then kosel tunnels tours but it was too much. Fasting and walking does not go well together. I was told they modified the itinerary for the next year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note