Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
How many people here give end of ur gifts?

Do you tip end of yr
Yes  
 38%  [ 19 ]
No  
 62%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 50

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 12:22 pm
I gave Chanukah and Purim. I need to give again? I’m so appreciative to the morahs and rabbeim but I’m not made of money..

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 12:25 pm
I give a useful personalized gift, not a tip.

amother
Lily

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 12:27 pm
I give Chanuka and Purim. I feel bad on the last day that I don't give but I don't. Give if you can afford to!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 12:33 pm
I just say thank you...

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 12:43 pm
I give money Chanukah and Purim. At the end of the year, I give something small, like chocolate.

If you feel appreciative, write a note and let your children's teachers know! Means so much.

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 1:26 pm
I'm an English teacher, I don't expect anything. I do get beautiful thank you letters which I save and appreciate.

rkay

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 1:28 pm
No tip, but a thank you card and if I can chocolates or small gift.

fbc

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 1:54 pm
I'd rather give something bigger at the end of the school year than something for chanukah and purim. At the end of the year to me makes more sense as I'm thanking them for the whole wonderful year. (For chanukah our classes pool together money for a gift, and on purim we give mishloach manos). So at the end of the year I do something bigger. In my head it makes more sense🤷

mha3484

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 1:56 pm
fbc wrote:
I'd rather give something bigger at the end of the school year than something for chanukah and purim. At the end of the year to me makes more sense as I'm thanking them for the whole wonderful year. (For chanukah our classes pool together money for a gift, and on purim we give mishloach manos). So at the end of the year I do something bigger. In my head it makes more sense🤷

Same here too.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 2:03 pm
I give a gift or cash Chanuka time-it's when my budget allows it.
Purim I give a basic Mishloach Manos like I give everyone else, my finances are tied up pre-Pesach.
End of the school year, I give a chocolate bar and thank you note. My finances are tied up in all the camps that are demanding their fees.
I hope the teachers understand.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 2:06 pm
fbc wrote:

I've learned from this site, sadly people use chanukah and purim (and rosh chodesh, and pesach) to gift teachers as bribes to be nice to their kid for the rest of the year. At the end of the year, there is no more reason to bribe them, and that money now needs to go to camp visiting day for mid-session bribes.

I don't know anyone who admits to this IRL, so I really hope this is not really a thing.

SYA

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 2:15 pm
I join the class for Chanukah, give a simple mishloach manos like everyone else. At the end of the year I give myself. If a class does do joint I still write my own Thank you letter as well

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 2:44 pm
The end of the year is HARD financially...everyone is collecting for group gifts, there's summer camps and sleepaway camps, so much more. As a parent, it's really hard. Therefore as a teacher, I really really really understand when people don't give anything at the end of the year. I never expect it mid year either, but the end of the year for sure not.

That being said, I absolutely LOVE getting cards at the end of the year. I have worked hard to love your child and care for him and it means so much to me to know that you recognize how much I love your child.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 2:58 pm
I either give or give to a class collection if there is one. BH we're not in a school with a big tipping culture for Purim/Chanukah so there isn't that pressure--if we were, I think I'd either divide the budget by 3 or just pick 1-2 times to give. It's a lot, especially if you have a lot of kids!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics