Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I messed up...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 11:16 pm
I am marrying off very soon.
Went to sm to get my wig done. I am super picky...she did a nice job and pinned it nice. I had my baby so rushed it. I just hated the height and felt weird. Went home and I undid the whole thing. Brushed it out....

Now I'm stuck I want her to redo it. What should I tell her? I feel bad she worked hard and set it all nice..Obviously I will pay her again. But so embarrassed..

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 11:30 pm
You could tell her you dropped it and it got messed up. Honestly, I would tell her the truth...that you didn't feel it was quite right and you want her to redo it. This way, she'll have a better idea of what you like for next time.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 11:31 pm
Happens to me all the time Can't Believe It

Do u have a friend/daughter/neighbor whose good with hands?

NechaMom

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 11:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
I am marrying off very soon.
Went to sm to get my wig done. I am super picky...she did a nice job and pinned it nice. I had my baby so rushed it. I just hated the height and felt weird. Went home and I undid the whole thing. Brushed it out....

Now I'm stuck I want her to redo it. What should I tell her? I feel bad she worked hard and set it all nice..Obviously I will pay her again. But so embarrassed..

It’s a bit awkward. I get you. But tell her you tried it on again and tried touching it up to your liking but you did a bad job so you want another full appointment and you’ll pay her. Trust me, you’re not the first one to ask for this.

NechaMom

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 11:33 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Happens to me all the time Can't Believe It

Do u have a friend/daughter/neighbor whose good with hands?

Or even a complete different SM

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 12:03 am
My dd is mad. Its the second time I did it. Diff sm. I beg them not to put hairspray, but they all say it needs it. I hate the stiff, glued on look. I brushed it all out.

I want to rewash it. Im so embarrassed. I like her work though.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 12:24 am
amother OP wrote:
My dd is mad. Its the second time I did it. Diff sm. I beg them not to put hairspray, but they all say it needs it. I hate the stiff, glued on look. I brushed it all out.

I want to rewash it. Im so embarrassed. I like her work though.

You need spray. Find someone you like, and learn to trust them.
You'll be dancing and sweating, you want to look good.

Also - don't mess the makeup. Hire good people, and trust them.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 12:34 am
Here is my story if you dont mind me sharing it here. I bought a new wig, an expensive one. I went on vacation and was dwelling on the wig the whole time how I didn't like the way it was cut and styled. I went back to someone else to have it trimmed just so to frame my face better. I come home, and noticed most of it got cut. More than I wanted or expected. I'm walking around with a pretty chopped wig, like ever before. I'm mad. I don't even know if I could even repair it or do anything. I feel like I just fell in. It's already cut. So with a style, is easier that you could always change style. But for me to repair to add hairs to extend the wig will cost me a big price.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 4:03 am
Do you need to wear it up to the wedding?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 5:36 am
Pay a babysitter so you could have patience at the SM. Leave yourself extra time. Watch carefully and be very clear with your preferences. Ask her to use the least amount of spray possible. Ask also if there is a different product that holds the style, but looks more natural.

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 7:15 am
I’m just like you.
I come home from the sm appointment and get busy with my blow dryer and hair iron….
You should just tell her that you were playing around with the pins/style and it all came out.
Why would she care if you are willing to pay her again? It’s hard for you to style it but it’s not hard for her.
Tell her that you’re sorry to bother her but you need another appointment. It’s no big deal for her really. When you go back, try to go without your baby.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 8:09 am
amother Acacia wrote:
I’m just like you.
I come home from the sm appointment and get busy with my blow dryer and hair iron….
You should just tell her that you were playing around with the pins/style and it all came out.
Why would she care if you are willing to pay her again? It’s hard for you to style it but it’s not hard for her.
Tell her that you’re sorry to bother her but you need another appointment. It’s no big deal for her really. When you go back, try to go without your baby.

She is super nice and would do it. I feel stupid bc she spent so much time pinning it to my liking.
I think I have to find someone else...
Dd getting married Sunday...
I rewashed it to get all the hairspray out... TMI Can't Believe It

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 8:13 am
amother OP wrote:
She is super nice and would do it. I feel stupid bc she spent so much time pinning it to my liking.
I think I have to find someone else...
Dd getting married Sunday...
I rewashed it to get all the hairspray out... TMI Can't Believe It

Do you know who to call today or you need names?

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Jun 22 2023, 8:38 am
Why do you have to pin it up? Just wear it regularly styled. I hate my sheitel in an updo.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels