Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Inwood vs north lawrence

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 10:31 am
We are looking to move to the Five towns area and have the kids start school there September 24. I have a few friends in inwood, the community seems great and the area by the golf course is suburban enough for my oot self but the houses are tiny and expensive. The other area that I am hearing about is north lawrence. I drove around there and it seems nice enough and the houses are a little bigger so it would end up cheaper because a house in inwood would need an extension. I don’t know people there though. For reference I am from oot, dh is from Brooklyn. I am an accountant and he is a rebbe. My son will iyh go to darchei and my daughter either bby tag or byam I have to do more research still. Can you tell me the similarities and differences between the two areas. TIA.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 10:33 am
I live in inwood, the houses are expensive but I know of maybe 1 family in north lawrence and I'm pretty sure they're just renting there u til they move to inwood. Are there Jews in North Lawrence yet?
Either way, welcome to the community Smile

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 10:41 am
One of my coworkers daughters just bought a 2000 sqft decent condition house for a little under a million and she says there are tons of frum kids on the blocks and the basement shuls are full Friday night and shabbos day ppl
Walk to Lawrence or cedarhurst shuls.

amother
Poppy

Post Fri, Jul 07 2023, 11:47 am
I live in the 5 towns and know a lot of people in both neighborhoods. The Inwood country club area has taken off a lot in the last few years. The people I know there are in their upper 30s but there are more young people moving in every day. North Lawrence neighborhood is more modern than Inwood. Don't think you will find any men that are rebbis there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating