Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning lady talking on phone while working
1  2  Next

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 10:43 am
Would this bother you? I’m not referring to a short call here or there, I mean the whole time they’re working… would you ask them not to?

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 10:44 am
I asked her not to because she was distracted & cleaned slowly and not well.
The constant talking was also grating on my nerves.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 10:54 am
Depends on whether or not it's affecting their performance. If they are cleaning well and talking on the phone helps the time pass, I am very fine with it. It's important to me that the cleaning lady should be happy and want to work for me. If they are distracted and not doing a good job, I would say something.

Highstrung

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 10:56 am
Mine talks a lot but as long as she works I don’t care . The problem is that I work from home while she’s here and I could be in a meeting while she is talking loudly in the background. I’ve told her to tone it down and explained I am in a meeting . She will interrupt me too and not wait until I’m done. That bothers me.
What I don’t like is that she checks her phone for text messages and she is busy using WhatsApp while working . That takes away from her attention to working . I’m pretty lenient and she takes advantage .

Last edited by Highstrung on Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 10:58 am
Mine doesn’t stop texting. It kills so much time. Each week I say I’ll tell her next week

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:00 am
I think if she's on a Bluetooth, or another hands free device, I'd be ok with it.
Keep in mind, I think most of us talk on the phone while at work, also Very Happy

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:07 am
amother Almond wrote:
I asked her not to because she was distracted & cleaned slowly and not well.
The constant talking was also grating on my nerves.

Agree. So I saw her standing in one spot just talking, (she had been in middle of mopping floor) and this was a few minutes after the call came in.

Last edited by Cheiny on Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:08 am
Cmon be nice wrote:
I think if she's on a Bluetooth, or another hands free device, I'd be ok with it.
Keep in mind, I think most of us talk on the phone while at work, also Very Happy

I don’t think anyone would if their boss was within earshot. Like I said, a short call here or there is ok, but constant?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:10 am
I've never had a cleaning lady not be on her phone. It's boring work, I don't mind.

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:22 am
I'm fine with it if it doesn't impact her work and she is using airpods.
If I would see that she gets distracted from her work then I'd ask her to stop.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:28 am
This is why I pay my cleaning lady a flat rate to clean the house.

I don't care how long she takes as long as she does the job.

She doesn't rush through and if I have something extra I want attention to one week, I ask her and she does it cheerfully. If for some reason, something wasn't done quite as well one week, I just very tactfully ask her to pay special attention to it.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:36 am
Yes, she was constantly talking and it annoyed me. It's part of the reason I let her go. I want a quiet house during the day.
It's not possible to do any job well if you're busy with your phone.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:38 am
It's a boring job. I understand the constant phone chat. As long as it's kept hand's free and at a low volume and she's getting all the work done it doesn't bother me.

metacognizant

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 1:22 pm
The best cleaning lady I ever had spent most of the time talking on the phone. I’d just pay attention to her results.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 1:34 pm
I dismissed a lady that kept on talking on the phone. First it was only upstairs. Then it became louder and more frequent. It's my house. I want peace and quiet. She can listen to music or a podcast on earphones that doesn't bother me.

DustyDiamonds

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 3:16 pm
I can’t help but wonder how they have so many friends!!!

Thankfully I have lots of good friends, but I wouldn’t be able to find people to stay on the phone with for 5 hours, even if I wanted to!

English3

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 3:23 pm
DustyDiamonds wrote:

Thankfully I have lots of good friends, but I wouldn’t be able to find people to stay on the phone with for 5 hours, even if I wanted to!

That talk to the cab drivers.

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 3:59 pm
I had a young Spanish cleaning lady that was on AirPods the entire time she cleaned. She cleaned well and got everything done so it didn’t bother me but my husband couldn’t stand it.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 4:08 pm
DustyDiamonds wrote:

They’re probably talking to other cleaning ladies working in different houses… LOL

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 4:47 pm
I kind of like that she’s on the phone then she’s not into my business. When it’s too quiet I feel like she hears and sees everything I do. And I do feel that she would do a better job off the phone but it’s good enough so I keep her.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry