Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Swaddlebee or other for plane?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 3:43 pm
Looking for a lightweight cozy blanket for a long plane ride for myself. Not fleece, I cant stand that.

Swaddlebees look perfect, except for the price. Is it worth it? if not, what would you recommend?

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 4:10 pm
I absolutely love my swaddlebee! Highly recommend. I think it's worth the price.

smss

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 4:19 pm
I love my swaddlebee. It's the softest and coziest without being TOO hot. It's like the perfect weight.

But yeah the prices are crazy, they do have sales sometimes!

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 4:21 pm
Would love if someone explains to me what could be so much more special about a blanket to me it all feels like hype.
Very expensive hype!

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 4:24 pm
I don’t think you can regret buying a swaddlebee.

I’m in my first trimester and living on the couch. I’m in pjs all day so I like to be covered. The swaddlebee is perfect.

It took me a long time to make this purchase because of the wild price but I’m grateful for it everyday.

I have lots of blankets but nothing compares to this

smss

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 4:25 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Would love if someone explains to me what could be so much more special about a blanket to me it all feels like hype.
Very expensive hype!

It's two layers of very very thin fabric sewn together- I can't totally explain why but I like how that feels so much better than the average costco/Amazon throw blanket.
I think Shira from swaddlebee once explained that the fabric is multidirectional, it's buttery soft.
You're also paying small business prices and she has them manufactured ethically which is more $$.

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 4:29 pm
I recently took it along on a long flight and it was amazing. It comes in a bag where it can be folded up quite small.

My favorite part is that I can dry it in the dryer so I can wash it as frequently as necessary.

My other blankets got ruined in the dryer.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 4:33 pm
Swaddle bee is perfection. Chefs kiss. We take them everywhere we go. No other blanket has ever compared. Plus, shira is just the best.

amother
Currant

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 4:56 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
I don’t think you can regret buying a swaddlebee.

I’m in my first trimester and living on the couch. I’m in pjs all day so I like to be covered. The swaddlebee is perfect.

It took me a long time to make this purchase because of the wild price but I’m grateful for it everyday.

I have lots of blankets but nothing compares to this

I’m in my first trimester with severe hg now. I think you’ve convinced me. I don’t get it but I’ve heard enough hype from real friends (NOT influencers! I don’t trust their opinions with a ten foot pole!!)

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 4:58 pm
I actually have some blankets I have softer and better than the swaddle bee. The swaddle bee is thinner and more lightweight. So I'd go for it for a plane ride. At home we prefer the other blankets we have.

I like the swaddle bee, but I don't think it's 100% worth the hype. I have blankets that I feel are the same level of not better. Swaddle bee is a good blanket, and comes with a lot of colors, you are supporting a small frum business - so I would pay that price if it's what you want.

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 5:01 pm
I feel like I can't support her after she posted she's pro the lgbtq frum community after the whole chanale podcast insanity.

She posted links to lgbtq frum organizations and told her followers to reach out to them if they need support/want to talk to someone about being lgbtq.

smss

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 5:27 pm
amother Maize wrote:
I feel like I can't support her after she posted she's pro the lgbtq frum community after the whole chanale podcast insanity.

She posted links to lgbtq frum organizations and told her followers to reach out to them if they need support/want to talk to someone about being lgbtq.

She never said she sanctions actions that are assur.
We should all be "pro" all of our fellow Jews, regardless of their actions.
And many frum LGBTQ people suffer from depression and suicidal thoughts and helping them find support can be pikuach nefesh.

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 5:37 pm
smss wrote:
She never said she sanctions actions that are assur.
We should all be "pro" all of our fellow Jews, regardless of their actions.
And many frum LGBTQ people suffer from depression and suicidal thoughts and helping them find support can be pikuach nefesh.

So link the American general suicide hot line. The orgs she posted are "frum" lgbtq orgs that have tons of people not frum on thdm and basically say it's totally fine to be LGBTQ and frum and there's nothing assur about that.

So although she didn't say it's all muttar she plugged to orgs that do say that and said they were great recourses.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics