Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Baltimore housing market
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 5:03 pm
amother Almond wrote:
How about these, which are all in the middle of the community:

https://www.longandfoster.com/.....87713
https://www.longandfoster.com/.....05710
https://www.longandfoster.com/.....81457

It sounds like you are looking for something very specific. A $600,000 budget should be more than enough for a 4 bedroom house with a yard.

The first and last link are not what I'd consider in the "middle of the community". They're on the edge, and personally they're too close to the hood for my liking.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 5:04 pm
Here’s a list of the minyanim in Baltimore. Don’t know how recent the list is, I didn’t see some minyanim listed but it’s possible I went right past them.
Where do you daven now? Do you have any other preferences?
https://baltimorejewishlife.co.....s.php

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 8:42 am
I apprereciate all the help.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 9:01 am
I am a kitchen and residential designer. Right now I am working on 3 (three!) houses that were recently sold in Baltimore. 2 of them, when finished with remodeling, will still have cost the homeowners less than 600K and the third will be a bit more but is a double lot. All are in the City and all are in established frum neighborhoods — 3 different neighborhoods.

I see more available here now than 6 months ago.

The houses in the Green Summit and Stevenson areas all need at least new, kosher kitchens and are over your budget, but there are plenty of homes in already frum neighborhoods that will fit your criteria.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 9:11 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
I am a kitchen and residential designer. Right now I am working on 3 (three!) houses that were recently sold in Baltimore. 2 of them, when finished with remodeling, will still have cost the homeowners less than 600K and the third will be a bit more but is a double lot. All are in the City and all are in established frum neighborhoods — 3 different neighborhoods.

I see more available here now than 6 months ago.

The houses in the Green Summit and Stevenson areas all need at least new, kosher kitchens and are over your budget, but there are plenty of homes in already frum neighborhoods that will fit your criteria.

I guess we are picky, we do see homes in our budget but none that we felt were right for whatever reason.
For example, the Scotts Level home looks great. It is NOT in the frum area.I

amother
Moonstone

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 2:29 pm
If you're not working directly with an agent, you are putting yourself at a big disadvantage. The popular agents sell their clients houses that haven't officially gone on the market yet.
By they time a house gets into Zillow, it has already been nixxed by many frum Jews most likely.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 3:49 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
If you're not working directly with an agent, you are putting yourself at a big disadvantage. The popular agents sell their clients houses that haven't officially gone on the market yet.
By they time a house gets into Zillow, it has already been nixxed by many frum Jews most likely.

I have an agent. How do I know if they are good?

amother
Broom

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 3:58 pm
Hi do you live in Baltimore already? If yes, what neighborhood?

Highly recommended agents are shevy ashman, dassi Lazar and eva katznelson. It's been quite a few yrs since I bought and I didn't use a frum realtor and didn't love our transaction so those are the ones I'm seeing are popular. Good luck

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 4:10 pm
Yes we live here in Balt Smile

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 4:18 pm
amother Broom wrote:
Hi do you live in Baltimore already? If yes, what neighborhood?

Highly recommended agents are shevy ashman, dassi Lazar and eva katznelson. It's been quite a few yrs since I bought and I didn't use a frum realtor and didn't love our transaction so those are the ones I'm seeing are popular. Good luck

Do people have to commit to an agent or you can use a couple?

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 4:21 pm
Also Debbie Finkelstien and Aliza Wein and Raizel Zweig (she’s new but seems to be ok)

amother
Daffodil

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 6:02 pm
Given your price range, I highly recommend looking into the Mt. Washington area. A ton of frum people are moving there and the prices will go up. It's cheaper than greenspring quarry area

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 7:03 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Given your price range, I highly recommend looking into the Mt. Washington area. A ton of frum people are moving there and the prices will go up. It's cheaper than greenspring quarry area

Thanks so much, what streets is this? Is that near BYHS?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 22 2023, 11:25 pm
Shavua tov

amother
Moonstone

Post Sat, Jul 22 2023, 11:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do people have to commit to an agent or you can use a couple?

You should only use one. The ones that were mentioned are all good. I would think that Aliza Wein and Debbie Finkelstein may have "access" to houses sooner.

And to the poster above: where in Mt. Washington are people buying?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sat, Jul 22 2023, 11:51 pm
OP would you consider the TA neighborhood? I think its really more yeshivish families, so I wouldnt move there if you dont fit that category. But I know a few new families are moving in there this summer, houses sold between $400 and $450k I believe. All 4 or 5 bedroom houses.The kehilla there davens at TA. I have two friends who live there and they are very happy there. If you want to live there its a good idea to be in touch with people who live there and they can tell you when houses become available...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 12:08 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:
OP would you consider the TA neighborhood? I think its really more yeshivish families, so I wouldnt move there if you dont fit that category. But I know a few new families are moving in there this summer, houses sold between $400 and $450k I believe. All 4 or 5 bedroom houses.The kehilla there davens at TA. I have two friends who live there and they are very happy there. If you want to live there its a good idea to be in touch with people who live there and they can tell you when houses become available...

Thanks, yes would consider, I actually like a lot of neighborhoods. Just need the right house.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 12:26 am
What are you looking for in a house? Attached? Ranch? Open floor? Tudor? Victorian? Modern?
Sounds to me you’re waiting for a specific house on a certain block in an exact neighborhood.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 1:18 am
Just another recommendation for aliza wein, she really tries to understand who you are first and only would show you things she thinks would really work for you
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating