Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Cricut
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Duh

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:03 am
ittsamother wrote:
A totally different brand. I got it long before Cricut hit the Jewish market.

Needs a computer for designing but no WiFi?

shanie5

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:07 am
amother Bluebell wrote:
Right either a wire or Bluetooth depending how you set it up

I have the cricut joy (not a big crafter) and there is no port for a wire. Aside from the one to plug into the outlet. Larger machines do seem to have a port.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:11 am
shanie5 wrote:
I have the cricut joy (not a big crafter) and there is no port for a wire. Aside from the one to plug into the outlet. Larger machines do seem to have a port.

My maker has a wire from the computer to the machine. I usually use that unless I do Bluetooth from the app.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:42 am
Is it possible to use images created in other programs with either of these machines?

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:42 am
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Is it possible to use images created in other programs with either of these machines?

Yes you just upload them in to design space.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 12:47 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
Yes you just upload them in to design space.

Thank you!

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 3:31 pm
The biggest issue I have SI that my kids don’t have internet acces. I don’t want them on my computer or phone.
How do all the kids use it?

snowflake1

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 3:52 pm
I have the Cricut Joy just got from my daughter’s birthday.
What supplies do I need to start? She wants to customize water bottles supplies etc.?
Do I have to buy the monthly subscription or can I just use the regular app
Is there a good YouTube channel for her to learn how to do it she was 12

ittsamother

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 3:52 pm
Duh wrote:
Needs a computer for designing but no WiFi?

Right. You can download the program either from their website or it comes with an installation CD, and then after that you just connect your computer to the machine with a wire or Bluetooth, and there is no wifi needed

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 3:59 pm
Is the Maker better then the Explorer?

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 4:04 pm
snowflake1 wrote:
What supplies do I need to start? She wants to customize water bottles supplies etc.?

I have the joy . Got it a year ago. I don't pay for the subscription. You can use the fonts that they give for free, or you can download fonts online for free that you want. To start, you should buy her some vinyls, regular and htv. The htv is for iron on for tshirts, bags,....
Doesn't have to be the cricut brand. Let her experiment a bit first. It's really fun once you get the hang of it.
See if she has a friend who can help her with the basics to start out

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 8:47 pm
ittsamother wrote:
Right. You can download the program either from their website or it comes with an installation CD, and then after that you just connect your computer to the machine with a wire or Bluetooth, and there is no wifi needed

Are you sure?
I played around on the program (unless there is another Cricut program) it did not allow me to upload any images when offline. Meaning from saved images on the computer.
I’d love to know if there is a program you can use when offline

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 8:54 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
Is the Maker better then the Explorer?

Yes

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 8:57 pm
snowflake1 wrote:

I don't pay for the subscription. I just download my own fonts. Wtvr fonts are on your computer come up in the program.

To do water bottles and supplies you need permanent vinyl. I suggest going on Amazon and buying an assortment of all different colors of permanent and heat transfer vinyl. That way they have tons of colors. I did that two years ago and still have a ton!

You can search on YouTube if you like and learn. I am part of a Jewish cricut WhatsApp group that's super helpful and fun and I ask questions there if I need.

ittsamother

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:02 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Are you sure?
I played around on the program (unless there is another Cricut program) it did not allow me to upload any images when offline. Meaning from saved images on the computer.
I’d love to know if there is a program you can use when offline

I was talking specifically about the Silhouette's software, and why I like it better than Cricut's. I like that there is no wifi required to design or cut.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:25 pm
ittsamother wrote:
I was talking specifically about the Silhouette's software, and why I like it better than Cricut's. I like that there is no wifi required to design or cut.

Would you say the machines from both Silhouette and Cricut are comparable and that Silhouette will allow me to upload my own images if I have the program downloaded even if I'm offline?

Does Silhouette come with a CD with the program or do I also need the app? I'm stalling on purchasing one because I don't want my kids to have internet access. All responses are appreciated!

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:32 pm
Would you say the machines from both Silhouette and Cricut are comparable and that Silhouette will allow me to upload my own images if I have the program downloaded even if I'm offline?

Does Silhouette come with a CD with the program or do I also need the app? I'm stalling on purchasing one because I don't want my kids to have internet access. All responses are appreciated!

Same here

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:43 pm
And me Very Happy

ittsamother

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:44 pm

So I have bought two Silhouettes over the years, and they each came with an installation CD. So I think that's standard practice. Worst case it doesn't, you can download the installation file from the website onto a flashdrive and then use that to install it onto your computer. You do not need the internet whatsoever to use the Silhouette program. You can use and create your own images in it.

I am not a maven in how the Cricut and Silhouette compare, since I've only ever had the Silhouette and been totally happy with it. But I would guess in all the important features they are comparable.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 12:25 am
ittsamother wrote:
So I have bought two Silhouettes over the years, and they each came with an installation CD. So I think that's standard practice. Worst case it doesn't, you can download the installation file from the website onto a flashdrive and then use that to install it onto your computer. You do not need the internet whatsoever to use the Silhouette program. You can use and create your own images in it.

I am not a maven in how the Cricut and Silhouette compare, since I've only ever had the Silhouette and been totally happy with it. But I would guess in all the important features they are comparable.

Thanks so much for the feedback and the bolded is a great idea! I'm going to look into this!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics