Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Headband over full sheitel

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:39 am
I think it looks so elegant… but I’m not chassidic and I don’t want to take it on full time as a chumra. Is it okay to wear this look just sometimes as a fashion? Is it complicated if I work with people who DO wear a band bshitta as a double cover? I don’t want to seem like I’m playing dress up or mocking or trying to be something I’m not.

If it’s okay… where do I get headbands? Everything I see sold in more modern Jewish stores are either for little girls or the fabric ones women wear over falls.

What do you think?

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:46 am
I also think it looks really elegant and stylish. I also need to hold myself in when I enter Access in Antwerp because I would buy all the white aprons plus hats if I could.
My seitel is over shoulder no chassidic woman wears such a long shaitel they know I play a purim spiel if I wear one. Yet one nice headband a really msall one is OK I think, it's also ok to wear a plain scarf and no one will think you are sefardi right?

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:51 am
Some of the people I've seen doing this, it's essentially a scarf that's tied into a headband.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 9:53 am
I don't think anyone is going to think you're playing dress up. I've seen the knot headbands on wigs in the past, they look cute! I say go for it!

giftedmom

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 10:28 am
I think it’ll look confusing if you’re in that kind of crowd

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 10:32 am
Were I live right now headbands on sheitels are in nobody would think you are chassidic, they would think you are trendy.

How is it in your neighborhood?

Highstrung

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 10:34 am
I have been wearing a headband for the last few years . I wear it because I like it . Chasidish people that wear bands to cover usually have a wider piece of material sticking out of the headband part .

Highstrung

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 10:41 am
Amazon has many types of headbands . Just put in hard head bands for women in the search bar.

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 11:22 am
Don't Chassidish women wear very wide bands that are like the 1940s-50s half-hat? https://www.etsy.com/listing/7.....ick=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1.....ick=1

Highstrung

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 11:24 am
zaq wrote:
Don't Chassidish women wear very wide bands that are like the 1940s-50s half-hat? https://www.etsy.com/listing/7.....ick=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1.....ick=1

Some but in recent years many have gotten smaller to the point where it’s more or less a thick and sometimes wide headband . It depends on the circles and the individual.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 11:28 am
Chasidish woman here:
I wear an uncovered wig. Some women in my family wear the same, and others wear a band. The bands runs the gamut from shoelace-thin to a couple of inches thick.
That being said, I wear a headband for fashion sometimes. No one thought I began covering my wig for chumra, we talked about it, joked about it, and moved on.

You can totally wear it for fashion. Enjoy your Blair Waldorf era 😉
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics