Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Who remembers?
  Previous  1  2  3 12  13  14  Next

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:44 am
Or remember when Moishe’s had his small grocery store in Remsen Village? Granted, I don’t really remember. I was a little too young.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:57 am
amother NeonOrange wrote:
Monseyers, who remembers Ave J stores? In the Pathmark Shopping Mall? And also a lingerie/Robe store that opened up next door for a short while? In my kiddie eyes that was a HUGE store!

Tiferes Fruit Store, the Old Zishes Bakery where Monsey Shoes is now. Trading Post, I used to Drool over the Hello Kitties and Hi Bearys. Elzee was there for a minute. And Leg Hose, who remembers the OLD OLD lady that used to work there? I was always sure she's 120 years old!

Weingarten Shoes used to be Next to Monsey Takeout where there's a Robe Store now- Monsey Housewares where Nussys is now, the Old Mr and Mrs. Nagel Smile They knew exactly where everything was in the store. There was also a fish store in the back of Hatzlachas Old Grocery where Kuppas Ezra is now, I remember going to pick something up and there was fish blood on the floor and you had to walk on Plywoods on the floor.

Also in Eidensohns basement you walkled from room to room to room to find your cloths, it was like a maze. estis English imports was the "fancy" Store, Shaindys clothing was by the atrium- We used to go to the chiropractor in that strip mall so I used to check out Shaindys. we never shopped there because it was too expensive. Your home and Photo Center was also in that strip, later changed names to housewares and beyond. Sappersteins was also there at one point, not sure if just a purim store or if they had a regular store there. I also had memories of some sort of restaurant in that strip mall as well, I was really young though, Maybe it was called CO-OP? I have to ask my mom.

There was also Ave "R" Cafe where baby elaine is now, my husband took me there when I was pregnant with my first and I vomited all the food (haha) The Old Tuvias store was legendary- there was also a huge ladies shoe store at one point next to Tuvias, I got shoes for my sisters wedding there.

Who remembers rabinowitz robe store in the house on Dr. Frank? The store would be jam packed erev Pesach it was a tiny basement. They're the nicest people. Oh, and I just reminded myself that the LIngerie store next to Pathmark was called. UNDERWORLD. LOL, what a name.

WOw this was a therapy session for me almost. I did not have a great childhood, yet I'm so Nostalgic....

LOL you are way younger than me. I remember when Sapirstein's was in their house, and we used to hike up there to get cute erasers. Later on they moved to the Atrium Plaza, which was where the "new" weddings were (before that, everyone got married in BY. Even Chassidim.)

I even remember Weingarten's shoes in the house, there was an entrance to the store that was underneath the staircase to go into their house.

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:22 pm
Dagan Pizza was near Kosher city on Ralph Avenue. But Irving's pizza was in Canarsie way before them! Kosher city had yummy takeout tuna salad and Irving's had the best knishes

relaxation

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 9:04 am
Didn't see the whole thread but who remembers circa on Avenue J

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 9:07 am
relaxation wrote:

Best fries!! And salad bar!

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 9:08 am
amother Seafoam wrote:

I seriously still dream about the salads I used to buy there.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 9:22 am
relaxation wrote:

Memories ! I used to hang out there in my college days!

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 9:22 am
amother Seafoam wrote:

You just reminded me ! Totally forgot about their salads !

yo'ma

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 10:04 am
amother Vanilla wrote:
Dagan Pizza was near Kosher city on Ralph Avenue. But Irving's pizza was in Canarsie way before them! Kosher city had yummy takeout tuna salad and Irving's had the best knishes

Irvings pizza
Where was it, I think in Boro Park, that were famous for their pizza knishes?

relaxation wrote:

As far as I remember, they were the first ones that allowed you to make your own salad.

relaxation

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 4:08 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Memories ! I used to hang out there in my college days!
I remember getting a student special on their salads for 5 or 6 dollars. I used to put iceberg lettuce , corn , red onions , parmesean cheese , and green olives pasta broccoli and ceaser dressing. I often would get their amazing baked zitti and vegetables. don't remember having their pizza though.

relaxation

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 4:14 pm
cnc wrote:
What a fun thread
I remember my grandmother shopping for all of us at Brody’s , wonderland and when we all needed to coordinate … Pinpoint!!

Kosher Delight…
Rishon pizza …
Donut man

Good memories of Mini Temptations and Whispers and Whimisies
My how the neighborhood has changed . I go back every couple of months or so and it even changes from one visit to the next.
I miss kosher delight long time. Haven't found a chinese restaurant as good since. I also remeber a chinese restaurant on m and 16 where 7 eleven in now. Also Another chinese takeout store somewhere on east 14 or 15 which was opened some time later.

Does anyone remember bargain hunters ?

relaxation

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 4:18 pm
and now I remember famous pita. I especially remember when it wasnt as fancy and more homey type. I remember gettting a shwarma plate and unlimited refills of salad till we were so full we couldnt eat anymore the management got somewhat worse towards the end but we still went occasionally

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 4:24 pm
relaxation wrote:
and now I remember famous pita. I especially remember when it wasnt as fancy and more homey type. I remember gettting a shwarma plate and unlimited refills of salad till we were so full we couldnt eat anymore the management got somewhat worse towards the end but we still went occasionally

We ate 20 balls while waiting on line!

relaxation

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 4:32 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
We ate 20 balls while waiting on line!
lol

relaxation

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 5:14 pm
Now I remember back to nature but only went there once I think they were the first ones I recall advertising Brown rice healthy sushi

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 5:45 pm
Portugals bakery, bob's 99 Cents store, Friedman's grocery on 40th. and yes I was there waiting on friday before shabbos for sury feldman to come home.

amother
Snow

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 5:49 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
LOL you are way younger than me. I remember when Sapirstein's was in their house, and we used to hike up there to get cute erasers. Later on they moved to the Atrium Plaza, which was where the "new" weddings were (before that, everyone got married in BY. Even Chassidim.)

I even remember Weingarten's shoes in the house, there was an entrance to the store that was underneath the staircase to go into their house.

In between they were in the “barn” on Main st. Is Shoe Barn still there? I actually worked there for a summer or 2!

cbsp

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 6:11 pm
yo'ma wrote:

Where was it, I think in Boro Park, that were famous for their pizza knishes?

Mom's Knishes?

cbsp

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 6:15 pm
relaxation wrote:
I miss kosher delight long time. Haven't found a chinese restaurant as good since. I also remeber a chinese restaurant on m and 16 where 7 eleven in now. Also Another chinese takeout store somewhere on east 14 or 15 which was opened some time later.

Does anyone remember bargain hunters ?

Oooh, I loved the Chinese place on M between 14 and 15 (across from JII). The absolute best pan fried dumplings and teriyaki beef on a stick.

Is JII still there? They used cream cheese in their calzones and I've not seen another place do that...

relaxation

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 6:17 pm
cbsp wrote:
Oooh, I loved the Chinese place on M between 14 and 15 (across from JII). The absolute best pan fried dumplings and teriyaki beef on a stick.

Is JII still there? They used cream cheese in their calzones and I've not seen another place do that...
nope its now perizia pizza
Page 13 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating