Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Stamford Hill memories!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Black

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 7:37 pm
I used to go every shabbos to a old age home in South Tottenham that was before Shonfeld Square

amother
Black

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 7:37 pm
Please keep the memories coming!!

Busybee5

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 7:41 pm
My in laws were one of the first there.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 7:55 pm
How is Mrs Ita Cymerman doing these days? She built up half of Stamford Hill

happyclappy

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:00 pm
Oh my this is really bringing back memories. I have left s hill over 20 yrs ago when I got married. So haven't been in the know about which shops etc still exist. But do remember loads of the ones mentioned.
Those ice bergers and pushups were the best. I try to explain to my kids what they were like... I grew up in the tottenham area and had a little corner shop on corner of wargrave ave and high street that sold those ice bergers

happyclappy

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:02 pm
There was a fish shop and keycutting shop I think on ravensdale road. Havent been back to st hill for a few yrs already, I dont suppose they still there?

Ruchi

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 4:40 am
happyclappy wrote:
There was a fish shop and keycutting shop I think on ravensdale road. Havent been back to st hill for a few yrs already, I dont suppose they still there?

Benny's Fish Shop it was. It was sold around 26 years ago. A few short years later they relocated onto Stamford Hill main road and are now called Kornbluh's Fish Shop. They were previously called Freeds.
THE key cutting was together with shoe repairs, called Semos, also on Ravensdale Road.

Ruchi

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 4:42 am
amother Black wrote:
How is Mrs Ita Cymerman doing these days? She built up half of Stamford Hill

could be better.🤐

Ruchi

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 4:43 am
amother Black wrote:
Who remembers when there was hardly any yiden living I Tottenham. Definitely not Chasidish

I remember that!

Ruchi

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 4:46 am
amother Black wrote:
I used to go every shabbos to a old age home in South Tottenham that was before Shonfeld Square

There used to be quite a number of Jewish residents there. I recall groups of girls would go down to visit and sing to the elderly residents.

Ruchi

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 4:48 am
Does anyone remember Nichtburg's Take Away on Oldhill Street?

Ruchi

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 4:51 am
Who remembers Goodman Car Service? They lived on St Andrews Grove. They would call up from another phone line to the homes of their drivers, asking if they are available fir a job, whilst you were holding on the other line. As old fashioned as can be!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 3:27 pm
I was just thinking today about the old fashioned cartwheel packets, spicy nobbles (I`m in the mood...) and dolly balls! anyone remember?

Ruchi

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 3:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
I was just thinking today about the old fashioned cartwheel packets, spicy nobbles (I`m in the mood...) and dolly balls! anyone remember?

Oh yes! Do you remember the Mitzvah Sweets from Rumplers? What about Kathy toffees?

Busybee5

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 3:34 pm
amother OP wrote:

Yes! And aniseed balls? With the black tweeny ball at the end! Soooo good. Spicy nobbles were around much more recently. My kids miss those.

Ruchi

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 3:52 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
Yes! And aniseed balls? With the black tweeny ball at the end! Soooo good. Spicy nobbles were around much more recently. My kids miss those.

I loved the aniseed balls. I miss them.

Busybee5

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 4:10 pm
Ruchi wrote:
Oh yes! Do you remember the Mitzvah Sweets from Rumplers? What about Kathy toffees?

Yes, yum. Both sweets were everywhere on simchas torah.

Busybee5

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 4:11 pm
What happened to popples milky smarties? They were yum. I want them back!

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 4:29 pm
I loved the spicy nobbles they were my favourite we used to buy it every week shabbos why did they stop making it!!?!

Which company made it???

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 4:30 pm
Oh yea dolly balls mitzvah sweets and there were these heaven milky caramel toffees it was in a purple wrapper which chocolate oozing out anyone know what im talking about?
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating