Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Stamford Hill memories!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 4:33 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
I loved the spicy nobbles they were my favourite we used to buy it every week shabbos why did they stop making it!!?!

Which company made it???

They were kolak - the same company as the popular crisps.
Speaking of which , remember when the blue crisps was dark blue?
And remember twirls??

I remember in reception we used to compete at shabbos party on Friday to hold our dolly balls in our dimples!

Busybee5

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 4:57 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
They were kolak - the same company as the popular crisps.
Speaking of which , remember when the blue crisps was dark blue?
And remember twirls??

I remember in reception we used to compete at shabbos party on Friday to hold our dolly balls in our dimples!

Yes the vinegar twirls were good! They weren't around long, it was also quite recent. And course I remember the dark blue packets.

Busybee5

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 4:58 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
Oh yea dolly balls mitzvah sweets and there were these heaven milky caramel toffees it was in a purple wrapper which chocolate oozing out anyone know what im talking about?

Ohhh yes where did they go? Omg they stop such good Nash. They were heaven.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 5:12 pm
Remember a point last year or two years ago when we got an advertiser every day of the week?

amother
Black

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 5:23 pm
Yes! I couldn’t keep up with all that reading. Who remembers when we just had the Newsheet?

amother
Black

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 5:24 pm
Who remembers before we had any advertisers. I used to buy then the Jewish Tribune!

Ruchi

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 7:42 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
Oh yea dolly balls mitzvah sweets and there were these heaven milky caramel toffees it was in a purple wrapper which chocolate oozing out anyone know what im talking about?

Do you mean Rondo? It was absolutely divine.

Busybee5

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 8:26 pm
Ruchi wrote:
Do you mean Rondo? It was absolutely divine.

No I think she means toffees that were much more recent but correct me if I'm wrong.
I only vaguely remember rondos and I'm 36. Absolutely divine!!
Whoever stopped the production of that is criminal LOL

Do you remember Rega or Regash chocolates?

DreamerForever

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 2:43 pm
Ruchi wrote:
Oh yes! Do you remember the Mitzvah Sweets from Rumplers? What about Kathy toffees?

Mmm... the mitzva sweets- with all the cute yiddishe pictures on them. And the toffees-- giving me simchas torah memories Smile

But, Ruchi- you must be a good few years older than me, 'cos I don't know of a bunch of the shops you mention... Guess I've gotta ask my parents.

DreamerForever

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 2:47 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
No I think she means toffees that were much more recent but correct me if I'm wrong.
I only vaguely remember rondos and I'm 36. Absolutely divine!!
Whoever stopped the production of that is criminal LOL

Do you remember Rega or Regash chocolates?

Rega. Sooo good.
And the shoko kid in the white and blue wrapper. I'll never understand why they stopped those. They were beyond delicious. Esp when they were half melted Smile The small ones were 28pence, which I remember well in my pocket money days...

Busybee5

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 2:49 pm
DreamerForever wrote:
Rega. Sooo good.
And the shoko kid in the white and blue wrapper. I'll never understand why they stopped those. They were beyond delicious. Esp when they were half melted Smile The small ones were 28pence, which I remember well in my pocket money days...

Yes, yum! Ha 28p won't buy you anything these days.
And who remembers teddy fudges ice pops? Chocolate flavour. They made them in diet, low calorie pops as well and they really helped me lose weight. Those were my treats. Wish they did them now, I need them badly!!

DreamerForever

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 2:51 pm
People, you can buy pushups these days from Alpine! I dunno if they're that good, but nostalgia sometimes improves taste!

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 4:15 pm
Remember a drink Quella?

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 5:18 am
Does anyone know how I could reach the owner of Nash Chemist or Mintprint who were located in Stamford Hill Road near Moses supermarket? (the same owner). I owe them money from many years ago. I would be extremely grateful if someone could help.

Busybee5

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 5:44 am
DreamerForever wrote:
People, you can buy pushups these days from Alpine! I dunno if they're that good, but nostalgia sometimes improves taste!

I saw them but haven't tried it. I'm not sure if the original can be beat but let's see! 😋

debby4

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 6:32 am
Does anyone know how I could reach the owner of Nash Chemist or Mintprint who were located in Stamford Hill Road near Moses supermarket? (the same owner). I owe them money from many years ago. I would be extremely grateful if someone could help.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating