Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Yaakov of Boro Park for Chasidish neutral family
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:08 pm
I know that BYBP is a destination for a lot of neutral families in BP. How is the school accommodating for the crowd-if they are at all? Are the Yiddish classes continuing past preschool? What about the havara? Are there still families there who were trying to runaway from a different life? I would love my daughter to stay in a warm Yiddish speaking environment but it’s very hard to find a sane neutral school in BP. Would love to send to Vien but I heard they are giving the people who used to be their clientele a very hard time. We’re a mainstream Hungarian BP family, no funny business happening here…. Any input is much appreciated! The good the bad and the ugly too!

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:13 pm
They are very accommodating but the havara is bais yaakov. They keep trying to have yiddish speaking classes but only a few want that (even among chassidim) and they don't end up having enough for a class.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:15 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
They are very accommodating but the havara is bais yaakov. They keep trying to have yiddish speaking classes (even among chassidim) but only a few want that and they don't end up having enough for a class.

They actually don’t want to have Yiddish speaking classes because they’re specifically trying to deter the formerly Chassidish crowd from applying.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:17 pm
They had a yiddish speaking nursery class this year but will not be having in kindergarten, as most of the girls are leaving.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:21 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
They had a yiddish speaking nursery class this year but will not be having in kindergarten, as most of the girls are leaving.

Where are they switching to?

newinbp

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:30 pm
I think many people move, to New Jersey, etc

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:32 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
They actually don’t want to have Yiddish speaking classes because they’re specifically trying to deter the formerly Chassidish crowd from applying.

Old information.

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:38 pm
They don’t do Yiddish past preschool for quite a few years. Nothing to do whether people want it or not…
You have all types there, lots of regular Boro park chassidish

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:42 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
Old information.

exactly. most of that type left to Monsey or Toms River. I sound alot like you ( pretty much discontinued model) I was thrilled with the atmosphere in Bais Yaakov. You only have a handful of very modern girls. alot teachers are very heimish and chasidish. the learning I think is all in hebrew and they teich english from artscroll chumash but otherwise a great school. If only they had anything remotely simaliar in Lakewood
ditto, ditto.... I miss bybp so much
Can't for the life of me figure out why a simaliar school can't open in Lakewood.
and no there isn't...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:02 pm
Is it warm? It’s very big so I’m nervous. How many classes are there per grade? Where do the chasidish girls continue onto for high school? Do they work with the parents or is it their way or the Highway?

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 11:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is it warm? It’s very big so I’m nervous. How many classes are there per grade? Where do the chasidish girls continue onto for high school? Do they work with the parents or is it their way or the Highway?

Very warm. Every 2-3 grades have their own principal. The principals know the girls by name. They do work with parents and if you hit a wall Rabbi Frank the dean is helpful.

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 11:57 pm
I don't think the girls graduating 8th grade are going to chasidish high schools. Which chasidish high school is accepting girls who went to Bais Yaakov elementary? I know that my chasidish family consider my girls "modern" because they're not in a "chasidish" school.

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 9:54 am
....I know that BYBP is a destination for a lot of neutral families in BP. How is the school accommodating for the crowd-if they are at all? Are the Yiddish classes continuing past preschool? What about the havara? Are there still families there who were trying to runaway from a different life? I would love my daughter to stay in a warm Yiddish speaking environment but it’s very hard to find a sane neutral school in BP. Would love to send to Vien but I heard they are giving the people who used to be their clientele a very hard time. We’re a mainstream Hungarian BP family, no funny business happening here…. Any input is much appreciated! The good the bad and the ugly too!..

Look into bnos perel. it's exactly for the type that can't get into vein. Hungarian style, earnest, sincere people. It has parallel classes in preschoolqq. It's supposed to be the new ger. The more neutral ger-
kids are sprinkled between the two classes but most of the kid are the chassidish neutral. Many that type. They are extremely picky. I know people that wanted to get into bnos perel as first choice but ended up in b.y because they weren't accepted. They are not looking for cool. They are not extreme, they are not yeshivish. They teach in Yiddish, chassidish havora. Chassidish style, not preaching a certain chasidis. I know another person that took them over Bnos chaya. Shes a Hungarians chassidish with influence to get in anywhere and felt they were more balanced. So far it's running well they have up to second grade if this school is for you go for it.

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 10:16 am
amother Starflower wrote:
....I know that BYBP is a destination for a lot of neutral families in BP. How is the school accommodating for the crowd-if they are at all? Are the Yiddish classes continuing past preschool? What about the havara? Are there still families there who were trying to runaway from a different life? I would love my daughter to stay in a warm Yiddish speaking environment but it’s very hard to find a sane neutral school in BP. Would love to send to Vien but I heard they are giving the people who used to be their clientele a very hard time. We’re a mainstream Hungarian BP family, no funny business happening here…. Any input is much appreciated! The good the bad and the ugly too!..

Look into bnos perel. it's exactly for the type that can't get into vein. Hungarian style, earnest, sincere people. It has parallel classes in preschoolqq. It's supposed to be the new ger. The more neutral ger-
kids are sprinkled between the two classes but most of the kid are the chassidish neutral. Many that type. They are extremely picky. I know people that wanted to get into bnos perel as first choice but ended up in b.y because they weren't accepted. They are not looking for cool. They are not extreme, they are not yeshivish. They teach in Yiddish, chassidish havora. Chassidish style, not preaching a certain chasidis. I know another person that took them over Bnos chaya. Shes a Hungarians chassidish with influence to get in anywhere and felt they were more balanced. So far it's running well they have up to second grade if this school is for you go for it.

Isn't that school ger? You are saying it's more neutral and not so ger? Why would a chassidish neutral person take it over bnos Chaya, bnos Chaya is like the ideal just very hard to get into.

cnc

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 11:26 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
Isn't that school ger? You are saying it's more neutral and not so ger? Why would a chassidish neutral person take it over bnos Chaya, bnos Chaya is like the ideal just very hard to get into.

Bnos Perel is very neutral and an excellent school. I know a number of people that are not Ger and send there...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 12:19 pm
I heard amazing things about bnos Perel but I'm afraid I won’t be accepted. My wig isn’t super short-nothing crazy but around my shoulder blades (I’m very broad and tall so I don’t think it looks so long) and I know the families that weren’t accepted to bnos Chaya are trying bnos Perel and there’s no way I’d be accepted to bnos Chaya unfortunately. I just want my little girl to end up in warm caring environment.

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 8:09 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:

Because the administration is more sane? Lol. Bnos chaya filled a niche but their not the easiest place to deal with or best run.

sima3

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 2:46 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
Because the administration is more sane? Lol. Bnos chaya filled a niche but their not the easiest place to deal with or best run.

Hi kiwi are you personally familiar with the school and administration? Would love to hear more

behappy2

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 4:18 pm
What about Nesivos?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 6:25 pm
This is a community school
Has all types of bp families but they are not looking to accommodate chasidish or Yiddish speaking
If that’s important to you then you need a more chasidush school
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics