Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What Mosdos can u recommend for my Family in South Florida?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 2:55 pm
Hi, my husband got a great business opportunity in South Florida.

Part of the agreement is that he will have to be physically part of the business for the next 3 years, and then he can branch off remotely, which means we'll have to move to Miami for afew years should he be taking on the opportunity.

We have 3 little kids and need a very frum School for them. The Frumest out there since we are Chassidish.

I don't expect to find anything with Yiddish Speaking classes, but needs to be very frum and erlich.

Which school and Cheder would you recommend?

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 3:09 pm
As I understand it from people that I know in Florida, the FL schools are very mixed with wide ranges of observance. Its like any other OOT community. I don't think there is one school that is the frummest.

amother
Brickred

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 3:11 pm
Good luck, but schools are very mixed and I don't think you'll fond what you're looking for. Out of town life is very different from living in a chassidish community.

busy mommy

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 5:22 pm
What ages and genders are your kids?

amother
Glitter

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 6:12 pm
I'm pretty sure they're opening/opened a cheder in nmb. I don't know anything about it though.

amother
Pistachio

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 6:18 pm
I don't think there are Mosdos in Florida. Any school there will be a culture shock for chassidish kids & it will be hard for them to adapt back to chassidish schools when you move back.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 7:00 pm
There is a cheder that was started last year. Not Yiddish speaking but I think it’s worth looking into. It’s only for younger grades at this point. In NMB under the leadership of Rabbi Feldbrand.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 7:07 pm
I agree with glitter. I also heard they’re opening up a chassidish Yeshiva in north Miami Beach.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sat, Aug 12 2023, 9:36 pm
There is a small cheder already open in NMB for the lower grades (don't think it goes past 1st, if that). For the other kids, most consider YES (Yeshiva Elementary) to be the frummest option although most of that is hype and the mix is pretty similar to what's you'd find in Yeshiva Toras Emes. The few chassidish families in town though do tend to send to YES.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sat, Aug 12 2023, 9:56 pm
Can he fly down there mon-thur

amother
Bluebell

Post Sat, Aug 12 2023, 11:43 pm
Where will you be moving to? Miami Beach or north Miami Beach?
NMB started a cheder last year. It's not official chassidish but the person who runs it is a chassidish Rav. Rabbi Feldbrand.

There's a new cheder starting in Miami Beach this year. Run by a Rav in the community as well.

Which community will you be moving to?

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 12:43 am
Why does Chassidish = frummest?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 1:41 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
I don't think there are Mosdos in Florida. Any school there will be a culture shock for chassidish kids & it will be hard for them to adapt back to chassidish schools when you move back.

Good point. I need to think about that too.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 1:43 am
amother Bluebell wrote:
Where will you be moving to? Miami Beach or north Miami Beach?
NMB started a cheder last year. It's not official chassidish but the person who runs it is a chassidish Rav. Rabbi Feldbrand.

There's a new cheder starting in Miami Beach this year. Run by a Rav in the community as well.

Which community will you be moving to?

Probably NMB.

Do you have more details on the new Cheder in Miami Beach?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 1:44 am
busy mommy wrote:
What ages and genders are your kids?

Son - 5 years old, Daughter - 3 years old and a baby.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 1:45 am
amother Tuberose wrote:
Can he fly down there mon-thur

He can, but I prefer not doing that

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 3:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Probably NMB.

NMB person here. I suggest looking into Rav Feldbrand's cheider as well as Yeshiva Elementary School for girls. The Rav has a shul too called Kedushas Levi.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 4:00 am
amother OP wrote:
Good point. I need to think about that too.

My kids adjusted much better than expected.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 4:08 am
amother OP wrote:
Probably NMB.

It's very small at this point. Only a few kids.
Not chassidish, but probably similar to the cheder in NMB.
If you will be moving to MB, its worth looking into.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 6:03 am
amother OP wrote:
Probably NMB.

For your family size/ages R' Feldbrands Cheder is prob best for your son and there are several options for your daughter. A 3 year old can go to a smaller private nursery, there are a few in NMB (but not sure you'll find a space if you want for this September) or she can go to Junior PreK in either Toras Emes or YES. Honestly most people you speak to would prob suggest YES for your family but keep in mind that Toras Emes is much more local to NMB and much easier to bring her to (think a 5 minute drive vs a 30 minute drive). And really has the same overall mix of families that YES has but no one chassidish. For a 3 year old I wouldn't send to YES from NMB, it's a massive schlep. Again, assuming you can get into either school if you are talking about the '23-24 school year.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating