Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Looking for VERY good ENT in Northern NJ
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 2:43 am
Or will travel for the right one (but not to long island). But the Dr.'s I saw in Manhattan weren't helpful.
DS failed hearing test and doesn't speak clearly. Surgery didn't seem to help.
I've already seen 5 ENT's. Nothing has changed.

Please recommend someone!

Thank you!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 1:09 pm
Anyone?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 2:12 pm
In Westchester/monsey there is Dr. Merer who is fantastic

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 2:30 pm
Once you’re in north jersey, just cross the GWB: There’s no one better than Eli grunstein at Columbia

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 2:53 pm
Thank you!

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 4:17 pm
I've heard that Dr Roland is highly recommended especially for hearing issues. He's in NYC, not sure where

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 4:19 pm
What do you mean failed
WhT number did he get
Does he need hearing aids?

SunShineSimcha613

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 5:04 pm
How old is your child? What type of testing was done? You mentioned surgery? You are your child's best advocate! Don't rest until you find a doctor you are satisfied with and get answers! Hearing is so precious.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 6:27 pm
He took a hearing test and they said he failed. The doctor's response (who came highly recommended), was - it's not such a big deal.
The number might have been 25.
He shouldn't need hearing aids. He has fluid in his ears or possibly enlarged tonsils. Would someone get hearing aids for that?
This is what I mean, I need a Doctor who cares about his patient and will help me!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 6:29 pm
Dr. Roland sounds familiar. Is he supposed to be considered amazing? I think I called his office and they said he doesn't do anything with kids and tubes and hearing. Can you share any more information about him?

Thanks!!

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 7:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Surgery didn't seem to help.

Does this mean your child had surgery? What kind of surgery did he have?

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 8:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Dr. Roland sounds familiar. Is he supposed to be considered amazing? I think I called his office and they said he doesn't do anything with kids and tubes and hearing. Can you share any more information about him?

Thanks!!

Dr Roland is with NYU. He's supposed to be top ENT in the city especially for hearing issues. At least based on my research. I recently had a baby born with hearing issue and I have an appt in couple weeks so I can't tell you about personal experience but what I heard based on my research.

lovingmother

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 8:46 pm
Thank you for sharing. I think it is the same one, he's supposed to be top top like you said. I think he doesn't deal with our problem but maybe I will try him again just in case! I hope he helps you!
Our surgery was tubes put in and adenoids removed but it appears to have not worked.

SunShineSimcha613

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 10:40 pm
Op, so your child has fluid in his ears, what were the recommendations? If it's a consistent problem and tubes were recommended, I would go for it. Bh, it can be an easy fix.

SunShineSimcha613

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 10:41 pm
My child has profound hearing loss. Bh, DC now has 2 cochlear implants.

SunShineSimcha613

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 10:46 pm
lovingmother wrote:
Thank you for sharing. I think it is the same one, he's supposed to be top top like you said. I think he doesn't deal with our problem but maybe I will try him again just in case! I hope he helps you!
Our surgery was tubes put in and adenoids removed but it appears to have not worked.

I wasn't sure if this was you OP or not, so sorry if I am asking the same questions Smile

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
He took a hearing test and they said he failed. The doctor's response (who came highly recommended), was - it's not such a big deal.
The number might have been 25.
He shouldn't need hearing aids. He has fluid in his ears or possibly enlarged tonsils. Would someone get hearing aids for that?
This is what I mean, I need a Doctor who cares about his patient and will help me!
What are you wanting the Dr to do? Give hearing aids? Remove tonsils? Insert tunes?
If you are looking for a provider to help you figure out why this is happening and what you can do to address it at the root, mainstream medicine is not your best bet.

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:06 pm
Dr Steven gold in Hackensack

SunShineSimcha613

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:25 pm
amother Banana wrote:
What are you wanting the Dr to do? Give hearing aids? Remove tonsils? Insert tunes?
If you are looking for a provider to help you figure out why this is happening and what you can do to address it at the root, mainstream medicine is not your best bet.

Why would "mainstream medicine " not be the best bet? Yes, they should find out the root cause of the hearing loss so that it can be treated. That is something that the Ent and audiologist can figure out through testing. Depending on the type and severity of the hearing loss there are different routes to take to address the issue. Hearing loss is not a game.

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 12:51 am
amother Firethorn wrote:
Dr Steven gold in Hackensack

I’ve seen a lot of doctors at this practice ENA and Allergy, they’re all good including Dr Robin Brody.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics