Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
PSA-Diaper Changes Frequency
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:18 pm
Pretty please change your toddler and babies diaper when wet. It’s supposed to be changed as soon as wet. Changing twice a day doesn’t suffice. That’s for those that send just two diapers with their child to camp. Thanks so much.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:35 pm
I’m torn here. Because on one side I think it’s wonderful to have camp staff so involved in making sure diapers are changed frequently and kids needs are all met, I’d be happy to send my toddler to such a camp. Truly.
But on the other side there’s a big difference between twice a day and twice during camp hours, what is that like six hours? For a toddler that should be often enough for a typical six hour period.
Why are diapers being sent daily? It’s much easier for both the camp staff and the parents to have a pack of diapers sent in at the beginning of the summer and ask for more when it’s running low.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:37 pm
amother Purple wrote:
I’m torn here. Because on one side I think it’s wonderful to have camp staff so involved in making sure diapers are changed frequently and kids needs are all met, I’d be happy to send my toddler to such a camp. Truly.
But on the other side there’s a big difference between twice a day and twice during camp hours, what is that like six hours? For a toddler that should be often enough for a typical six hour period.
Why are diapers being sent daily? It’s much easier for both the camp staff and the parents to have a pack of diapers sent in at the beginning of the summer and ask for more when it’s running low.

Twice in a six hour period means that the toddler is walking around with a wet diaper most of the time which is uncomfortable.

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:38 pm
IMO, diapers are like pads. They’re meant to mostly absorb the liquid. I don’t change my pads the minute they get wet…

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:40 pm
amother Sand wrote:
IMO, diapers are like pads. They’re meant to mostly absorb the liquid. I don’t change my pads the minute they get wet…

It’s really uncomfortable to walk around with a wet diaper. It gets soggy and heavy much faster then a pad. Please be mindful of diaper changes. Thanks so much.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:42 pm
I send 2 diapers. My child goes with a fresh diaper, he's in playgroup for 5 hours. They have changing time 2 times during the day. It's ok for a child to have a wet diaper for a bit.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
It’s really uncomfortable to walk around with a wet diaper. It gets soggy and heavy much faster then a pad. Please be mindful of diaper changes. Thanks so much.

Playgroups generally change on a schedule, usually 2 times a day. They don't keep checking kids if their diaper is wet and they can't be busy changing diapers all day.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:45 pm
Diapers are super absorbent they can hold a lot of urine. You do not have to bother your child by changing him so often and neither do you have to waste the money. If a child is in camp for 6 hours they can absolutely be changed once every 3 hours. If you are the morah make sure the mothers would like you bothering the child and wasting the diapers before you decide to do it, because it's not only up to you. I send a package of diapers and I would be highly annoyed if you wasted my diapers like this.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:46 pm
amother OP wrote:

Today's diapers are actually not uncomfortable at all, and dont need to be changed as soon as they get wet. The wonders of modern technology....

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:46 pm
amother OP wrote:

Maybe the super cheap ones. But pampers is not uncomfortable the child can barely feel it's wet for a few hours.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:47 pm
This is ocd and anxiety and is not necessary to shove onto the whole world.

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:55 pm
Kids are peeing all the time. Their diapers get wet within the first half hour, usually. If you change your kid every half hour, there's something wrong with you, not with the people who are okay with every 2-3 hours.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:56 pm
If a child is uncomfortable, they generally let you know one way or another.

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:57 pm
Tbh DC went to a loving morah who sometimes didn't change child on Friday- from 9-12 and came home with a heavy big diaper and this is with at least 3-4 diaper sent.

So although you may be a loving and devoted morah, this PSA is for both parents and morahs alike.

octopus

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:13 am
amother Copper wrote:

This is not OCD. This is not anxiety. I happen to agree with op that 2 diapers in 6 hours is really terrible. My kids would've gotten horrific diaper rashes like that. Yes, my kids all have extremely sensitive skin and being in a wet diaper that long just breaks their skin down.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:23 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
I send 2 diapers. My child goes with a fresh diaper, he's in playgroup for 5 hours. They have changing time 2 times during the day. It's ok for a child to have a wet diaper for a bit.

This isn’t enough. And this isn’t taking into consideration that your child may have a dirty diaper as well.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:24 am
amother Copper wrote:
Diapers are super absorbent they can hold a lot of urine. You do not have to bother your child by changing him so often and neither do you have to waste the money. If a child is in camp for 6 hours they can absolutely be changed once every 3 hours. If you are the morah make sure the mothers would like you bothering the child and wasting the diapers before you decide to do it, because it's not only up to you. I send a package of diapers and I would be highly annoyed if you wasted my diapers like this.

Your not bothering your child by changing them. It takes a second and they are so much more comfortable with a dry diaper.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:25 am
amother Copper wrote:

This isn’t ocd and anxiety. This is called taking care of your kids and not being neglectful. I get it that it’s hard to be on top of our kids diapers but try your best to be mindful. Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:26 am
amother Copper wrote:
Maybe the super cheap ones. But pampers is not uncomfortable the child can barely feel it's wet for a few hours.

Maybe the cheap diapers are worse but even pampers and huggies get uncomfortable. When you see a toddler with their diaper ( even if it’s pampers) hanging down, please change them.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:28 am
amother Copper wrote:

Please don’t be cheap on diapers. Having enough diapers for your kid is pretty basic. This isn’t the place to be frugal.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics