Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
PSA-Diaper Changes Frequency
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s not why there are less in the box. It’s because they are bigger so they can’t provide you the same amount for the same price as let’s say newborn small diapers. A competent morah with enough assistants should be able to take care of enough diaper changes and physical care and provide for a warm and stimulating fun environment for the toddlers in their care. Both are important. A morah that just provides the love and warmth but doesn’t take care of their physical needs isn’t doing her job properly but of course a varied and fun schedule and activities and lots of love and warmth is so important as well. You need both.

Google how many diapers. It’s not that many.
And the older the baby, the less diapers they use a day.
Look at a one month box supply in various sizes. The amount of diapers decrease.
Still trying to figure out your ocd about diapers.

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:03 pm
OP, what is the purpose of this thread? You said you're a morah, so you should be changing diapers all day. I don't get the point of this thread.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:37 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
Google how many diapers. It’s not that many.
And the older the baby, the less diapers they use a day.
Look at a one month box supply in various sizes. The amount of diapers decrease.
Still trying to figure out your ocd about diapers.

You are correct that as the sizes go up the amount of diapers in the box decrease. The reason why isn’t the reason that your saying though. It’s not because you shouldn’t be changing your toddlers diaper. It’s because financially the bigger the diaper the more expensive it is per diaper and the company can’t sell you for the same price the same amount of diapers in newborn size as in size 5. It’s purely financial from the company’s end and is in no way an indication of how often we should be changing diapers.

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
You are correct that as the sizes go up the amount of diapers in the box decrease. The reason why isn’t the reason that your saying though. It’s not because you shouldn’t be changing your toddlers diaper. It’s because financially the bigger the diaper the more expensive it is per diaper and the company can’t sell you for the same price the same amount of diapers in newborn size as in size 5. It’s purely financial from the company’s end and is in no way an indication of how often we should be changing diapers.

OP, please answer what's the purpose of this thread. If you're a playgroup morah, then the responsibility to change the kids as often as you see fit, is yours.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:39 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
Of course you need both. But you also need to define what's appropriate for physical needs. Changing wet diapers every hour is not an appropriate physical need for the average toddler. Nor is even 2 hours an average need for those toddlers.

There may be the occasional toddler who has extra sensitive skin - Just like there can be the occasional toddler who needs to eat every hour on the clock due to medical reasons. But that doesn't make it a physical need for all toddlers and babies.

If you notice a toddler with diaper rashes, then speak to the parents. But I would hope my child's daycare Morah doesnt spend half the day changing diapers.

It’s not really how many hours in between rather it’s more about using your common sense and if you see a wet diaper to change it. When a toddler has a wet diaper you quickly slip on the dry diaper faster then you can say the word “diaper” and move on. It’s about being attuned to their needs and caring for them. A comfortable toddler is a happy toddler. And yes for a comfortable toddler it takes more then a diaper change….. Smile

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:56 pm
A bottle fed newborn gets changed before each feeding which is about every 3 hrs,
UNLESS he soils himself.
So this is the routine that is kept from day 1 in the hospital

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
It’s not really how many hours in between rather it’s more about using your common sense and if you see a wet diaper to change it. When a toddler has a wet diaper you quickly slip on the dry diaper faster then you can say the word “diaper” and move on. It’s about being attuned to their needs and caring for them. A comfortable toddler is a happy toddler. And yes for a comfortable toddler it takes more then a diaper change….. Smile

A comfortable and happy toddler is one that isn’t interrupted for completely unnecessary and extra changes.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:03 pm
amother OP wrote:

If only my kids were so easy to change….it is seriously a waste of a diaper to change a toddler every single time they are wet. They don’t have to be super soaked or sagging, but they also don’t need to be changed every single time a child urinates. My kids would all rather play and have a wet (not sagging) diaper. If they are uncomfortable they let me know.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:03 pm
amother OP wrote:

Exactly. Common Sense. The end. No need for a PSA

Diapers are designed to keep a baby comfortable and dry.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:09 pm
I wish I could say this in a pleasant way, but maybe we are being lazy to change it’s easier to not be on top of things. You are helping your child by changing them. I’m honestly shocked by how many posters consider it a waste of a diaper to help their toddler. IRL the people I know don’t think like that so maybe it’s just an internet thing. Just try to be mindful of this.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
I wish I could say this in a pleasant way, but maybe we are being lazy to change it’s easier to not be on top of things. You are helping your child by changing them. I’m honestly shocked by how many posters consider it a waste of a diaper to help their toddler. In real life the people I know don’t think like that so many it’s just an internet thing. Just try to be mindful of this.

Again louder in the back no!!!!! It's not necessary and it shouldn't be done. I don't know anyone like you in real life. I didn't even know people like this existed. Well I did think it was possibility that some people freaked out over urine and it was a possibility someone might be yanking diapers off a toddler the second they urinate.

Also I'm a bit disturbed. How do you know it's even slightly wet when a child is dressed? Are you feeling them up all day? Peaking in diapers all day? Sounds too close to molestation the obsession with their private parts and how dry it is.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
I wish I could say this in a pleasant way, but maybe we are being lazy to change it’s easier to not be on top of things. You are helping your child by changing them. I’m honestly shocked by how many posters consider it a waste of a diaper to help their toddler. IRL the people I know don’t think like that so many it’s just an internet thing. Just try to be mindful of this.

At what point do you say “I said my piece, either they will listen or they won’t” and move on? We change our kids when they need to be changed. Maybe that’s an hour, maybe it’s two, or maybe it’s three-four. We don’t need a PSA to tell us when, and we certainly don’t need someone who isn’t in our house to tell us that we are being lazy or neglectful or anything else.
I am mindful of when my kids need their diapers changed, it just isn’t as frequently as you think it should be.
I also find it interesting that you have been asked more than once what time you start and how long your day is, and how often do you change diapers, and you have not answered yet.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:15 pm
I just wanted to say that I’m not the holy type so don’t think that at all about me .But when I see a toddler’s diaper is wet and I change it I view it as an obligation if they are in my care but also as a chesed. The same way we help others in need there is no bigger chesed to take care of our babies and toddlers. It’s an easy way to help them. Toddlers and babies are very reliant on us caregivers so when we take care of them with love and compassion it’s a real chesed even to our own children.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:17 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
At what point do you say “I said my piece, either they will listen or they won’t” and move on? We change our kids when they need to be changed. Maybe that’s an hour, maybe it’s two, or maybe it’s three-four. We don’t need a PSA to tell us when, and we certainly don’t need someone who isn’t in our house to tell us that we are being lazy or neglectful or anything else.
I am mindful of when my kids need their diapers changed, it just isn’t as frequently as you think it should be.
I also find it interesting that you have been asked more than once what time you start and how long your day is, and how often do you change diapers, and you have not answered yet.

Good point Ema 5 about your first line.I will now move on. Thank you.

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
I just wanted to say that I’m not the holy type so don’t think that at all about me .But when I see a toddler’s diaper is wet and I change it I view it as an obligation if they are in my care but also as a chesed. The same way we help others in need there is no bigger chesed to take care of our babies and toddlers. It’s an easy way to help them. Toddlers and babies are very reliant on us caregivers so when we take care of them with love and compassion it’s a real chesed even to our own children.

Ok, but why are you preaching about this non stop? Why do you think only you change diapers when needed and the rest of us don't?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:19 pm
amother OP wrote:

And not answer any questions….

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:20 pm
amother OP wrote:

You're ignoring questions you keep being asked.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
I wish I could say this in a pleasant way, but maybe we are being lazy to change it’s easier to not be on top of things. You are helping your child by changing them. I’m honestly shocked by how many posters consider it a waste of a diaper to help their toddler. IRL the people I know don’t think like that so many it’s just an internet thing. Just try to be mindful of this.

would you purchase a large cookie, give your child a bite and throw it out?

Busybee5

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:28 pm
I change my 22 month old around 4 times a day on average. It's enough, he's never soaked through. He drinks out of a sippy cup, no bottles anymore for a while, and he's just fine like this.
One of those is usually dirty (and I'm changing his wet diaper at the same time obviously Wink)
And when I say I need to change your diaper now, he says 'no all clean' and runs away. If he's that uncomfortable he'd let me willingly LOL
Dirty ones I obviously change the second I, or my kids smell it!!

Eta: he's also only ever had one very mild rash in his little life bH. That was when he was very little, just starting solids or something like that. Wasn't related to how often I changed him. Although I find the older they get the less often they need changing.

Last edited by Busybee5 on Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:31 pm
I dont understand. You must spend your entire day changing daipers!
How often are you changing the children in your care?
And how do you know they are wet?
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics