Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Yellow discharge from eye

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 2:00 pm
There are colds/coughs going around my house and my newborn now has yellow discharge out of her eye. do I need to run to my ped or can it be just related to a cold and I should just keep a close eye on my baby?

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 2:14 pm
Put breast milk in it, for a newborn this is common unrelated to colds

glamourmom

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 3:04 pm
blocked tear duct? massage the eye w warm water but speak to your doctor before you try anything.

tweety1

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 3:48 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
Put breast milk in it, for a newborn this is common unrelated to colds

I second this. I've tried on newborns and really works after a few times. I've even done it in the nose for a stuffy nose. If it's not terrible it really works.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 7:39 pm
What if im not nursing? Do I have to borrow?

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 7:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
What if im not nursing? Do I have to borrow?

Not neccesary. It does sound like blocked tear duct, which can be unrelated to cold but can also be yes related. Dr fisher sells eye cleaning wipes you can use to both clean the gunk and massage the tear duct, which is under the eye and down the side of the nose. Always wash your hands first. If you don't buy the wipes you can use a wet cotton ball.
If this is new and your baby has never had it before, may want to check out with Dr to rule out an infection.

tweety1

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 7:53 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
Not neccesary. It does sound like blocked tear duct, which can be unrelated to cold but can also be yes related. Dr fisher sells eye cleaning wipes you can use to both clean the gunk and massage the tear duct, which is under the eye and down the side of the nose. Always wash your hands first. If you don't buy the wipes you can use a wet cotton ball.
If this is new and your baby has never had it before, may want to check out with Dr to rule out an infection.

Massaging helps for a clogged tear duct. I did with my current baby. It took a few weeks. I did it at every feeding
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics