Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Business Issues and Choices

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 4:06 pm
I work for a company that is very behind on paying their bills.

When I first started working at this company my job was very different. I was just keeping things running smoothly as an executive assistant and it was working very well.

Fast forward 3 years later, my boss is behind on paying many bills, however the boss does have money so I am not worried about loosing my job.

My question is should I stay at my job; my boss is super nice and pays me a decent wage and my job is super flexible I can work remote, leave early, stay late etc. I could make more money if I switch jobs but I don't think I would have the same flexibility and I would have to "prove my worth" all over again which I don't have stamina for right now.

The only issue I have is that I am now the go between the people they owe money to and my boss so accounts payable type and that is not what I signed up for at all when I started working there.

They do have a good bookkeeper on staff that started a week ago that is trying to sort everything out but it will take time for things to get sorted if they ever do.

Would you stay or leave and why would you choose either one of those?

My boss also gives bonuses around yom tov time and is very appreciative of my efforts so I also get a lot of positive feedback which I don't get at home my shalom bayis is not the greatest and I appreciate the positivity of my work place.

Just trying to figure out what makes sense.

amother
Outerspace

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 4:14 pm
Can you stay until the new bookkeeper has things figured out so that is not on your plate anymore, and then decide if it's worth it for you to stay?

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 4:45 pm
I think it’s a pretty lame reason to want to leave
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics