Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
High school for ds

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 7:19 pm
We live in Lakewood but I think it’s best for all of us if he goes out of town I.e. within 2 hours of home.

He goes to a middle of the road yeshiva I.e. orchos Chaim/tashbar/ohr yehuda type. He follows sports and is super into playing sports as well.

He has a great head but has severe adhd and it’s hard for him to sit and learn. He also always has his own agenda and has a hard time toeing the line if he doesn’t understand it/ or care about the people making the rules

On the one hand I would love to have him in a mainstream place but also some place that won’t get annoyed while setting up boundaries for him. Someone would also have to be on top of him taking his medicine.

He can’t handle being in too much of a yeshivish environment but he’s easily influenced and even he realizes a pretty Frum environment is best for him (as long he can play sports and at least some boys follow it so he can have that in common).

It’s very important to him to have good accommodations in the beds/shower/food department.

His father and I recently got divorced and really looking for a super warm place that he can grow to his best potential because he’s such a geshmaka kid (with some issues) and he can go so far but I also can see him really struggling without the proper guidance.

Please help us!

mha3484

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 7:29 pm
My friends son sounds a lot like this and shes so so happy with how hes doing in Rochester but its more then 2 hours.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 7:39 pm
He’s only going into 9th grade and he would really like to come home most, if not all Shabbosim (at least in the beginning)

mha3484

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 7:44 pm
I totally get that! In case you cant find anything closer may be worth looking at.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 7:44 pm
bayonne
great place

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 7:51 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
bayonne
great place

What’s the yeshiva called? Who runs it? What type is it?

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 7:51 pm
Shaarei Arazim?

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 8:02 pm
Bayone principal Rabbi Moshe Yosef Fruchthandler

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 8:04 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Shaarei Arazim?

That was my original thought but I think the student body is too much to the left

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 8:05 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
Bayone principal Rabbi Moshe Yosef Fruchthandler

Thank you

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 8:11 pm
I think there's a chofetz chaim in cherry hill with a dorm. I've heard good things although no personal experience. But it's pretty close to home for u.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 8:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
That was my original thought but I think the student body is too much to the left

Not necessarily. My nephew is there now as well as a couple of other relatives and neighbors. You may want to look into it again. They are miracle workers.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 8:23 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Not necessarily. My nephew is there now as well as a couple of other relatives and neighbors. You may want to look into it again. They are miracle workers.

Will do. Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:15 pm
So to sum up: shaarei arazim, Bayonne, and chofetz Chaim of cherry hill.

Any other ideas?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:23 pm
Toras Chaim in Baltimore?

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:48 am
Jacobowitz in monsey?

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 1:36 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Toras Chaim in Baltimore?

No. They are very selective about their out of town bochurim and will not take someone with these challenges.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:11 pm
What about Englewood? I don't know exactly what it's like but I have a couple of nephews that went there and did well.

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:39 pm
Shaarei arazim, monsey.

They will accept, work with and shape him…

Rabbi Rosenman

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:45 am
amother Azure wrote:
What about Englewood? I don't know exactly what it's like but I have a couple of nephews that went there and did well.

Someone irl mentioned this. Any more details ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics