Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can I go to work with covid?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:18 am
I've been feeling weak and horrible since yesterday and have a bad cold. But I pushed through work yesterday. This morning I remembered I have a covid 19 test kit at home so I tested and came up positive in less than a minute. I really don't want to miss work for a silly cold and if I wouldn't have tested I would have for sure pushed through the discomfort and went.
Now that I know it's covid I'm giving it second thought. Should I go?

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:25 am
Forget covid I wouldn't go if I was feeling weak and horrible.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:27 am
No.... your sick. Stay home and heal up. Has nothing to do with covid. If you had the flu I hope you would stay home too.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:27 am
I feel like it’s the same thing as having the flu
Would you go to work with the flu?
Maybe you can work from home?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:35 am
Everyone I know who has had a cold recently and used an at home test, tested positive.

I think it’s a whole lotta mind games

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:36 am
amother Ecru wrote:
Everyone I know who has had a cold recently and used an at home test, tested positive.

If she is feeling weak and sick she should stay home regardless of covid.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:39 am
amother Ecru wrote:

What's the mind games? That covid is only as bad as a cold now?

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:42 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
What's the mind games? That covid is only as bad as a cold now?

That the tests have many false positives.

Highstrung

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:45 am
amother Ecru wrote:

I had a cold on R”H I took a test at home and it was negative .
DH came down with a cold from shul A/C and he took a test yesterday, also negative .
It’s not mind games. If it’s Covid it’s positive if not , not.

But , before Covid ever existed , if one had a cold and felt lousy and weak , they should have not been going to work either , to expose others to your germs. Take Covid out of t he picture and the same rule applies. Bosses do not appreciate it when an employee shows up sick and then sickens the other employees. They’d rather you stay home and heal.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:46 am
I think covid is really going around. Many colds are coronaviruses, way before covid 19.

I think it needs to be treated as any virus at this point.
Taking care of your body, trying not to share germs if you're constantly coughing and sneezing, good hand washing... But when you're better, you're better, no wait at home for X amount of days after just because that's protocol from 2021.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:59 am
amother Cornsilk wrote:
I feel like it’s the same thing as having the flu
Would you go to work with the flu?
Maybe you can work from home?

I don't have a desk job.

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 9:00 am
No you shouldn't, its rude to make others sick. I had covid last week and it was still not fun. Lots of people are getting it but doesn't mean you should share on purpose.

And this is a common decency. I'm not with all the nonsense the past few years.

Golde

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 9:02 am
At my work they ask that we come in if we're well enough to work even if we tested positive for covid. If we're sick and not able to work properly, they ask that we stay home untill we feel better.
If you're somewhere in between, you could always check with your manager what they prefer.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 9:05 am
Official guidelines in Israel at the moment are to stay home for as long as you feel unwell. That seems a fairly sensible approach to me.

If you are in a Jewish office, no one wants to get corona or flu or a cold just before Yom Kippur.

amother
Petunia

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 9:05 am
NO. You don’t feel good you stay away from people.
And I’m the first one to downplay Covid and be against the vaccines. But if you don’t feel well woth ANYTHING contagious you belong home.
Not sure why this has to be told to people.

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 9:09 am
In addition to protecting people from whatever cold or virus you have now, for your own good if you are feeling weak and horrible you're better off staying home and resting.
I used to push myself to go work when I was feeling weak with a sore throat or bad cold and now I stay home in those cases and heal much faster and get sick less often.

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 9:11 am
What Elfrida said about Yom Kippur too. Let reiterate that. Would you like to feel like this on yom Kippur?

amother
Clover

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 9:11 am
amother OP wrote:
I don't have a desk job.

Sounds like you probably work with people then… definitely stay home. Not even a question. A silly cold for you can rly hard someone immuncompromises. Besides, you should be resting and not pushing yourself.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 9:31 am
Of course you should stay home. This shouldn’t even be asked. If you’re sick, you stay home. Come on, it’s after Rosh HaShana. Didn’t we all just daven for a new and healthy year? You’ll heal faster at home. You don’t want to chas vsholom get a relapse. So you’ll miss a day. Your body will thank you sooner than later. Now go get some rest and Refuah sheleima.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 9:36 am
Highstrung wrote:
I had a cold on R”H I took a test at home and it was negative .
DH came down with a cold from shul A/C and he took a test yesterday, also negative .
It’s not mind games. If it’s Covid it’s positive if not , not.

But , before Covid ever existed , if one had a cold and felt lousy and weak , they should have not been going to work either , to expose others to your germs. Take Covid out of t he picture and the same rule applies. Bosses do not appreciate it when an employee shows up sick and then sickens the other employees. They’d rather you stay home and heal.
The at home test has tons of false positives. OP has symptoms so she should stay home, but not because of the at home test, which really can’t be trusted.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics