Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Did FB revoke my anon posting privileges?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:54 am
I am a member of a few parenting and other groups on Facebook. These groups all have an anon posting option. In the last few weeks, I have found the anon posting option no longer exists for me. The toggle switch is simply not there. I know these groups didn't remove it because I see other people posting anonymously all the time. I did not do anything in any of these groups, I am on good terms with the mods and have never ever been warned at all. I do also sometimes comment on pages and I yes, I'm definitely of the "wrong" political persuasion for the powers that be IYKWIM, but I have never cursed or threatened or anything like that. I have occasionally had posts flagged as "offensive" for really stupid reasons, once I got flagged for using the figurative term to "blow up" in the context of someone really losing their cool. I have not gotten any notifications or warnings that I'd be losing anon posting privileges in groups, but it's the only thing I can think of, as I suddenly can't do it anymore. Anyone had this happen? Is this a thing that happens?

finallyamommy

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:14 am
It’s a glitch on Facebook. I also could not post anonymously for months, on any group at all, and then suddenly one day it was back.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:17 am
Welcome to facebook the land where random things happen with no explanation or way to fix it. Happens to everyone at some point. Delete your app and reinstall or restart your computer. And wait it out, one day you will suddenly be able to post anonymously again.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:18 am
I admin a bunch of fb groups. Fb first had a glitch with the anon posting option and then removed the feature that required an admin of the group to approve anon posts first. As such, many groups removed the anon posting feature for their group all together.

In the groups I admin, I can still see the names behind the anon posts but cant pre-approve.

Another thought is that the particular admin of the groups you were in hoped that anonymous posting for you in that particular group. They don’t have to warn you first, it’s Facebook. I’m not sure why politics matter or what your political leanings are and where they come in to play unless you’re talking about a group which is meant for disgusting politics. I’m wondering if you are bringing politics into conversations and parenting groups etc.? If that’s the case, then I could see why it would annoy the admin.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 12:34 pm
amother Fern wrote:
I admin a bunch of fb groups. Fb first had a glitch with the anon posting option and then removed the feature that required an admin of the group to approve anon posts first. As such, many groups removed the anon posting feature for their group all together.

In the groups I admin, I can still see the names behind the anon posts but cant pre-approve.

Another thought is that the particular admin of the groups you were in hoped that anonymous posting for you in that particular group. They don’t have to warn you first, it’s Facebook. I’m not sure why politics matter or what your political leanings are and where they come in to play unless you’re talking about a group which is meant for disgusting politics. I’m wondering if you are bringing politics into conversations and parenting groups etc.? If that’s the case, then I could see why it would annoy the admin.

I already know for a fact that these groups did not remove anon posting because anon posts are happening every day. I am only part of groups where I know the mod personally, so if there was an issue I would have been told. I doubt it, I never join any heated discussions in there and have never once been told by anyone, mod or otherwise, that something I said was out of line. No politics at all in any of the parenting groups except the local one, regarding local school board issues. Which literally everyone frum has complaints about the local school board, so that would shut down the whole group if it was a problem. I only talk about politics on certain specific pages, not groups, nothing to do with groups I'm part of. But FB has all sorts of weird standards and algorithms for what they consider a problem, and people get into trouble for all sorts of dumb reasons so I was wondering if there was a connection to why I suddenly can't post anon in my regular groups.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 12:40 pm
amother Fern wrote:

I'm an admin in a few groups. We don't have the option to turn off anon for individual members. Although we would love to. How do you go about doing that? Pretty sure I haven't seen such an option.

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 1:07 pm
I wonder if it’s because you’ve had posts flagged as offensive a few times.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media