Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Hamaspik

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:01 pm
Anyone know if Hamaspik is doing American dream this year I usually am invited but I switch to self direction and I didn't get anything yet does anyone here know if there going and Maybe I don't get the invite anymore bec of self direction

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:06 pm
They are going to Adventureland on Thursday.
I also switched to self direction and didn’t get an invite until I called my case manger and asked about it. As long as you have a respite worker currently billing you are eligible to go.

aussiemom

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:44 pm
so no boxes for Yom tov bec I switched to self direction?

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 3:34 pm
I don’t understand the question.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 3:53 pm
OP, your last post was not anon.

Tishrei and pesach they don't do boxes, they do the family trip instead.

Side note, what's self direction?

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 4:49 pm
We switched to self-direction recently. They said that if you have 500 hours of agency hours respite you can still be part of trips, boxes, shabbatons, etc.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 4:58 pm
amother Plum wrote:
OP, your last post was not anon.

Tishrei and pesach they don't do boxes, they do the family trip instead.

Side note, what's self direction?

Self direction is a program where the individual gets a budget and you decide what you want to spend in which category. You need to be on top of managing your budget, uploading receipts for reimbursement, but you can potentially get a lot more out of it. For us it was a no-brainer, because my child was originally approved for only 6 hours of respite per week. Now with a 40something thousand budget, dc can join different community classes such as swimming and art, get more hours of respite, so a worker can take dc to these classes and we can get reimbursed for transportation to these community classes, too. I can self hire staff and pay them more per hour, too. The agency takes 18% addtl from the budget from any self hired staff hours billed. There is also a broker that gets like 3k yearly from the budget.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)