Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Letter to deceased

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 12:12 am
My step grandfather died about a year ago. He lived in the same building as us, and we still get his mail passed to us sometimes and the apartment is not yet sold.

We got a letter from his great grandson's yeshiva wishing him Mazal Tov on a bar mitzvah.

Should I throw it out or let them know he is dead? The person who checks his mail said if his family didn't bother to let him know she isn't either but I feel bad that the rosh yeshiva wasted his time adding a personal note, he is a chashuv person.

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 1:45 am
Let them know so they can take him off their mailing list. From what I know of "personal notes" from charitable organizations, it was probably computer-generated and not really from the RY at all, but it would nevertheless be a kindness to tell them so they don't keep wasting postage on future mailings.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette