Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Too hot in classroom

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:31 pm
Dd is in a school building this year in which each classroom has its own thermostat. Girls are regularly saying they are cold, and getting it changed. They will ask to have it raised when it reads 72, for example, so it is regularly showing to be in the 80's.

My daughter is sweating and as the day goes on, feeling faint (yes, she drinks, but there's a limit.) What can she do? The teacher doesn't make the decision- the girls ask the office to raise it, and the office does. It's not possible for her to go along and protest. And she can't change what she wears- It's the uniform.

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:35 pm
Sounds ridiculous. 80 degrees Who's paying the heating bills? Easy solution, call the office. It's probably a new dumb secretary who's actually listening to their requests and the real people in charge (paying the bills) have no idea what's going on.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 6:38 am
Speak to someone in charge. There should be an adult who sets a cap on the temp and it should be below 80! (And I’m always freezing). Girls should wear a sweatshirt if they are cold

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 7:41 am
It’s important for the girls to be able to learn. Kids can’t learn when it’s too hot. Those who are cold can just put on more layers. I’d call the school and say it has to stop. I’d speak to someone higher up like the principal not the secretary who clearly doesn’t see the issue with this.

amother
Canary

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 7:44 am
As a teacher something doesn’t add up here.

Most teachers wouldn’t be able to teach in such heat. Also the schools I work in the secretaries have a limit to how high they can raise the heat.

I suggest reaching out to the teacher to see exactly what’s going on…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics