Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Ramat shlomo

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:30 am
Were looking into ramat shlomo. We are from monsey. Neutral chasidish. 4 kids under age 9.

Do all the houses have a view to the arabs? Is it less safe then regular yerushalayim?

The pedestrian bridge- is it really true or just plain a dream?
Is there parking or its just like yerushalayim?

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:34 am
There is plenty of parking, many of the newer houses face Shuafat, there have not been attacks in Ramat Shlomo to this point but it is more cut off and closer to the Arabs than other Yerushalmi areas. The pedestrian bridge is supposedly part of the new construction going on now but I haven't seen that it is actually up as of yet.
It's much quieter than yerushalayim central.
My biggest query would be where you would send to school. The schools there are very Israeli and might be quite an adjustment if you have older kids.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:37 am
amother Lemon wrote:
There is plenty of parking, many of the newer houses face Shuafat, there have not been attacks in Ramat Shlomo to this point but it is more cut off and closer to the Arabs than other Yerushalmi areas. The pedestrian bridge is supposedly part of the new construction going on now but I haven't seen that it is actually up as of yet.
It's much quieter than yerushalayim central.
My biggest query would be where you would send to school. The schools there are very Israeli and might be quite an adjustment if you have older kids.

Thanks!
I heard most of the people send their kids to schools in central yerushalayim. Is that not the case?

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:42 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks!
I heard most of the people send their kids to schools in central yerushalayim. Is that not the case?

The boys could be. There are local chadarim but many people bus. The girls most people send local.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:46 am
amother Lemon wrote:
The boys could be. There are local chadarim but many people bus. The girls most people send local.

I have 3 girls. So long as there are other english speaking kids in the class they will be fine. Are there less Americans in Ramat Shlomo than in central area?

Also, the buildings that dont face the arabs- how old are they?
I cant see myself lookimg into arab houses each day without feeling frazzled.
Is ramot the same thing in terms of facing the arabs?

dats me

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 12:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have 3 girls. So long as there are other english speaking kids in the class they will be fine. Are there less Americans in Ramat Shlomo than in central area?

Also, the buildings that dont face the arabs- how old are they?
I cant see myself lookimg into arab houses each day without feeling frazzled.
Is ramot the same thing in terms of facing the arabs?

It’s not just facing the Arabs, there are buildings in the new area that are literally across the street from shuafat ( the Arab neighborhood) with a shared playground in between.
You have to really make sure you find out exactly where the building is located if this is a concern for you.
To be honest I looked in Ramat Shlomo a few times and was turned off by how close it was , there’s also a shared road for the 2 neighborhoods and every time I went there were Arabs driving through the Jewish area blasting music.
I don’t think Ramot has the same issue but that may also depend on location, it’s a large area.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 12:26 pm
I live there in the “new”part- where a lot of young Americans moved this past year
Which is right across the street from shuafat
No it’s not a shared park
But it literally is right across the street it’s located on Ben tov
If you have questions you can ask away

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 12:28 pm
Ya there is firsure more parking then romema
You can’t compare the amount of people
The only take out food stores we have are 2 pizza stores
It’s not like living in romema at all
Wayyyy less English speaking people around but you def here it in the new area as a bunch moved in
Types vary many are young couples with 1-2 kids cool romema type
The there are Bleze older families
And some yehsivish “older families” oldest like 6

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 12:30 pm
Yes the Arabs do drive through out streets here in the new org as they cut through to get to shuafat and they do blast there music
But it has gotten much better since the war as police make “checkpoints” here to deter them from wanting to drive here
Not sure if that makes u feel safer or more scared lol

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 1:48 pm
Oh wow that makes me rethink this plan. It seemed so ideal and semi affordable.
Are the inner streets the same in terms of arabs?
I mean if you have a shared road, what prevents them from just driving in and shooting?

Is there another side?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 1:52 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
I live there in the “new”part- where a lot of young Americans moved this past year
Which is right across the street from shuafat
No it’s not a shared park
But it literally is right across the street it’s located on Ben tov
If you have questions you can ask away

I see on the map that there is another entrance to ramat shmlomo. Not only route 21. Is that not used?
Also when I zoom into google maps it shows some new building on the other side, Rechov Harav Fatal side. Is that incorrect? That side faces ramot and highway 50

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 1:54 pm
So I’m only talking about the beginning of ramat shlomo
The new area
Ben tov
Toledano- Main Street all Arabs drive up
And chazon ish 1-8 are considered the new area
It’s a great question hashem is stopping them
But besides for that nothing
It’s not like romema or ramat Eshkol where you don’t see Arab cars here you do all day…
But the older parts of ramat shlomo isn’t chasdidish and not younger ( under 60s)
But I doubt the Arabs drive through there

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 1:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
I see on the map that there is another entrance to ramat shmlomo. Not only route 21. Is that not used?
Also when I zoom into google maps it shows some new building on the other side, Rechov Harav Fatal side. Is that incorrect? That side faces ramot and highway 50

Yes there are 2 entrances
The other one isnt directly across from Arabs and they probably don’t drive through the old ramat shlomo
It’s only the new one cuz we are right across the street from them and it’s a short cut for them to get into shuafat

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 2:02 pm
Ok I hear that. So its pretty spooky for me.
I cant imagine how you live like this. Am I in a bubble?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 3:42 pm
No
That’s why many people don’t feel comfortable moving here
I don’t blame them.. but I’m used to it and I used to by now
Still scary non the less but not shocked when I see them

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 8:54 pm
Is there a heimish agent that can help me with real estate in the area who will also he honest with types and arabs and such stuff?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions